Overall, best single battery regulated squonk mod as of 2019?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankRice

Nov 30, 2015
Hey guys,

I'm looking to get back into squonking again. I'm considering either a Therion BF, or the Pulse X. My concern with the Therion is the annoying battery compartment, and as for the Pulse X, quite a few people have been complaining the squonk bottle and juice wastage.

Which one would you guys go for? Any other options to consider?

Reactions: stols001

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
I like TC, even on the topside, once you get it dialed in. It's not feature-packed as a thereon, or even Arctic fox, or even ANYTHING else that works (no preheat or TFR) but I don't use it for dry hit protection though, that's what squonking is for.

Also, I don't think it's THAT big...

Attachments

• 1556995974117.jpg
    1556995974117.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: Eskie

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
I like my Pulse X, light, simple and easy to use. I use a VV refill bottle which does leave a slight wet spot at the 510...not a big deal and normal with most squonking setups. I concur, if you like TC then a DNA mod is best. 1 or 2 batteries, TC or VW.....decisions, if you go above 50w then dual battery would be good.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Luxotic Surface = good.
The RDTA included in the kit = meh.
Battery life is limited because of the 18650... not sure the size trade off is worth it.

I didn't get a Surface kit. So I Can't speak for the RDTA that comes with.

As for Battery Life? Well, that is Dependent of how many Watts you set the Mod to. And How Many Times you push the Fire Button.

I get Exactly 24 Hours out of my 3,000 mAh Batteries. Which is incidentally a little Less than 1 Squonk Bottle.

So it Works out Great For Me.

ETA: There is 1 Glitch about the Surface that, to Me, should be Mentioned. And that is the Size of the Squonk Window in the door. It is Too Small IMO.

But it is a Simple Fix to make it Larger with a Dremel or a Small Hand File.

• Informative
Reactions: Eskie

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I didn't get a Surface kit. So I Can't speak for the RDTA that comes with.

As for Battery Life? Well, that is Dependent of how many Watts you set the Mod to. And How Many Times you push the Fire Button.

I get Exactly 24 Hours out of my 3,000 mAh Batteries. Which is incidentally a little Less than 1 Squonk Bottle.

So it Works out Great For Me.

ETA: There is 1 Glitch about the Surface that, to Me, should be Mentioned. And that is the Size of the Squonk Window in the door. It is Too Small IMO.

But it is a Simple Fix to make it Larger with a Dremel or a Small Hand File.
Regardless of the wattage you're running, a 3000 mAh 18650 will not measure up against a 4000 mAh 21700. Just math. That doesn't mean that the additional battery life is needed... just that it's available.

Also not knocking the Luxotic Surface. As a super compact regulated squonker, I love it. I just prefer not having to swap batteries as frequently. I'm also on the bigger size, to a little bulk doesn't phase me. I also wish it had a USB port for firmware updates if nothing else... I'd like to see Arctic Fox on it.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Regardless of the wattage you're running, a 3000 mAh 18650 will not measure up against a 4000 mAh 21700. Just math. That doesn't mean that the additional battery life is needed... just that it's available.

Also not knocking the Luxotic Surface. As a super compact regulated squonker, I love it. I just prefer not having to swap batteries as frequently. I'm also on the bigger size, to a little bulk doesn't phase me. I also wish it had a USB port for firmware updates if nothing else... I'd like to see Arctic Fox on it.

I'm with you.

I kinda Benchmark a Mod to can a go an Entire Day on 1 Battery. Because Once I am Home and done for the Day, replacing a Battery is No Big Deal.

But if I can't go a Full Day, that is Kinda a PITA. Because I then have to think about carrying a Extra Battery with me.

A Single 18650 Mod isn't for a lot of People. Because, as you mentioned, it comes to to mAh. And how often one wants to Change the Battery in a Mod.

I'd rather go with a Smaller Sized 18650 Mod than a Slightly Larger Sized 21700. But I like Small Mods.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I looked to get back into squonking last year , searched alot for beautiful, light, small, dna or yihi mods and didnt really care for most . Then looked into the higher end market and found some really nice stuff! If your looking for the "best" then stratum or sva squonkers are some of the nicest I had seen. I wound up with an sva 4 sided carbon, which was a very nice dna squonker, but sold it after a month as I just preferred rtas. Italy makes some of the best squonking mods imo, but it does take a little patience to obtain and are a bit pricey.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread