Overnight Shipping not really Overnight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stalebird

Apr 9, 2009
First I have to say as a long time (almost a year, long time in the ecig world) customer of Smokeless image, I love the company. Love the product, and Love that I haven't had a "real" cigarette in over 9 months. That said, I feel like I have to ask about the "Overnight" shipping. While its my fault I often wait to long to order, the fact that I pay between $22-$27 for overnight, I should be able to get it overnight.

Now, I realize if I order in the evening/night, I'm not getting the product the next day. For example, if I order at 9:00pm on Monday, I won't get it Tuesday. But I SHOULD get it Wednesday.

What happens is, I order at night (when I'm home from work) and I get an email confirmation of it immediately. Then the next day, normally in the afternoon (12-3:00pm or so) i get a "Shipped" email. With a confirmation #! Bad part it, it doesn't seem to ever actually ship that day. Its as if that's the day the USPS picks it up but it doesn't start shipping until the NEXT day.

My most recent order went similarly, but I hope history doesn't repeat. I order last night at 9:30pm. I got the "Shipped" email at 12:47pm today. When I track it, this is the message I currently get:

Your Item's Status Your item was processed through our CANTON, OH 44711 facility on April 10, 2012 at 5:51 pm. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

You would think an item i paid $27 for overnight, ordered last night, would go out today, and I'd have tomorrow. Instead, as I have received that Status in the past, I fear it will actually leave Canton Tomorrow and I'll get it Thursday.

One day, no big deal? When that means you might break down and have a smoke, its a big deal. That, and 2 day shipping costs $20 less and would seemingly get the same result.

Help?

starsong

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
SoCal
Once USPS picks it up, it is out of SI's control. It is USPS that 'guarantees' overnight delivery, so if that didn't happen seems to me you could file a claim with them to get your money back. I looked on the USPS site, and they add a footnote about some restrictions but I couldn't see what those were. But if it was me I sure would be contacting them if I didn't get what I paid for.

Butch

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
433 miles north. of the Alamo
This is just a sugestion & I'm not trying to be a smart alec, but why not take the money for overnight & order more stuff. Then you would have more on hand & just order sooner so you don't run out. I always get my order in 2 working days anyway, & would a lot rather have an extra of RY4 than quicker shipping. I always use the free shipping for orders over the limit & have never gotten it in more than 2 days. Just a thought.

First I have to say as a long time (almost a year, long time in the eCig world) customer of Smokeless image, I love the company. Love the product, and Love that I haven't had a "real" cigarette in over 9 months. That said, I feel like I have to ask about the "Overnight" shipping. While its my fault I often wait to long to order, the fact that I pay between $22-$27 for overnight, I should be able to get it overnight.

Now, I realize if I order in the evening/night, I'm not getting the product the next day. For example, if I order at 9:00pm on Monday, I won't get it Tuesday. But I SHOULD get it Wednesday.

What happens is, I order at night (when I'm home from work) and I get an email confirmation of it immediately. Then the next day, normally in the afternoon (12-3:00pm or so) i get a "Shipped" email. With a confirmation #! Bad part it, it doesn't seem to ever actually ship that day. Its as if that's the day the USPS picks it up but it doesn't start shipping until the NEXT day.

My most recent order went similarly, but I hope history doesn't repeat. I order last night at 9:30pm. I got the "Shipped" email at 12:47pm today. When I track it, this is the message I currently get:

Your Item's Status Your item was processed through our CANTON, OH 44711 facility on April 10, 2012 at 5:51 pm. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

You would think an item i paid $27 for overnight, ordered last night, would go out today, and I'd have tomorrow. Instead, as I have received that Status in the past, I fear it will actually leave Canton Tomorrow and I'll get it Thursday.

One day, no big deal? When that means you might break down and have a smoke, its a big deal. That, and 2 day shipping costs $20 less and would seemingly get the same result.

Help?

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
Unfortunately Starsong is correct we offer USPS express shipping but we do not guarantee overnight. USPS is the one who makes the claims and guarantees about how fast express will be.

Although they claim it is overnight guaranteed... the fine print below states they do have a 2 day window to deliver it (gotta hate the fine print)...We have a pick up everyday at the same time by our postman... so we do not have control over when it is scanned in at the post office... he comes at the same time everyday. but you can feel free to contact USPS and as them to make good on their guarantee.

We simply offer a USPS shipping method and only guarantee that it will ship with the postage you pay for.

USPS - Frequently Asked Questions - Express Mail®
Express Mail® Service Commitments/Guarantees

Post Office to Addressee (recipient)
Items are delivered to the addressee (recipient) by 12:00 Noon or 3:00 p.m. the next day, or 12:00 Noon or 3:00 p.m. the second day.
Next or second day is based on actually mailing the item at the Post Office™ before the Express Mail cutoff time.
The delivery commitment for an item is stated on your receipt when you mail the item.
Guaranteed service with money back if we do not meet our commitment.
Label 11B, Express Mail PO to Addressee (see image below)
Notes:

The guaranteed time is the local time at the recipient's address.
An “Attempted delivery” meets the delivery commitment (i.e. the mailpiece was taken to the address, but the recipient was unavailable to accept the item)
An “Arrival at Pickup Point” meets the delivery commitment for P.O. Box and Firm Caller addresses (i.e. the mailpiece was available for the caller or P.O. Box holder, but the recipient did not come in to claim the mailpiece)
A “Forwarded” meets the delivery commitment (i.e. the actual delivery address is different than what is indicated on the label)

Last edited:

stalebird

Apr 9, 2009
I couldn't decide whether to come in here and just delete this thread or come in and write and open apology. I obviously opted for the second. I don't know if it's a new shipping method, or I just had bad luck before, but wouldn't you know it, I openly complain and today they arrived. I apologize for starting a thread "whining" openly, and once again, the CS at SI is simply the best. I got the new X2 and the new clearomizers. HOLY COW. See my reviews in those threads.

Sorry again. Overnight does indeed mean overnight.

kia2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
USA
I couldn't decide whether to come in here and just delete this thread or come in and write and open apology. I obviously opted for the second. I don't know if it's a new shipping method, or I just had bad luck before, but wouldn't you know it, I openly complain and today they arrived. I apologize for starting a thread "whining" openly, and once again, the CS at SI is simply the best. I got the new X2 and the new clearomizers. HOLY COW. See my reviews in those threads.

Trust me, we all have our days. You fit in nicely with the rest of us. :D

ThreadKiller

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
AGFFA

How come I don't get what I want when I whine? It's not fair!

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada

I've placed several orders, and mostly have had free or standard shipping, average delivery time has been 3 or 4 days from order to delivery. I do understand your excitement to receive SI products, They've been that good for me, 25 Analog-Free days.

I'd recommend checking the USPS fine print, if you still have your old tracking #'s and you meet the criteria, they might reimburse your shipping.

simply me

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2010
california
I only order first class. The post office said they all come the same way. If my order is coming from a state across the country it comes in 3 days no matter what. I've use priority it comes in 3 days if I order ground same in 3 days. Been vaping over 2 yrs. now and have never had a problem. Save the money and go ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread