ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    OXVA Arbiter rta Leakproof 28mm.

OXVA Arbiter RTA 1.jpg

OXVA Arbiter rta.

Short introduction:
    Justin Lai, after having designed and built the first MTL / DL rba Deck in the world for the new Box Mod Velocity by Oxva, launched a new adventure, that of creating an RTA Atomizer with real "Top to Bottom airflow" characteristics, that is with a complete turn of the air to invest the lower part of the resistances and then go up again. The competitors usually different system for their RTA, top to side airflow or top to upper side airflow.

OXVA Arbiter RTA 2.jpg

Enjoy the reading.

The package bears the "Leakproof 100% bottom airflow" writing on the front, to remember the intent of its designer. At the center is the image of the new RTA, at the top side there is an adhesive label showing the color of the device (gunmetal) and its liquid capacity (7ml).
    at the bottom we find a silver writing indicating the name of the product (Arbiter RTA 28mm).

OXVA Arbiter RTA 3.jpg

On the back of the package the main features of the new Arbiter RTA by Justin Lai are described, the packing list is shown, the warnings on minors, the social networks where Oxva is present are indicated, the manufacturer's address is remembered and all are contained security checks for the authenticity of the product.

OXVA Arbiter RTA 4.jpg

Package Includes:

1 * Arbiter RTA 7ml (Bubble Pyrex)
    1 * Pyrex straight (4ml)
    2 * Fused Clapton Coil
    2 * Cotton laces
    1 * Adapter Tip 510
    1 * Bag of Spare part
    1 * User Manual (EN, DE, FR, IT, IDN, ES, CHN)

OXVA Arbiter RTA 5.jpg

Dimensions and features:
    Air flow: from top to bottom
    Deck: Postless single / dual-coil
    Diameter: 28x54mm (bottom 26.5mm) (31x54mm with bubble glass)
    Weight: 90gr
    Liquid capacity: 7ml (Bubble) and 4ml with straight glass
    Refil: Superior
    Drip Tip: 810 and 510 (with adapter included)
    Colors: SS, Rainbow, Gunmetal, Red black, Black

OXVA Arbiter RTA 6.jpg

OXVA Arbiter RTA 7.jpg

First impressions:
    Opening the package, I am pleased to note that the spare part's envelope is quite rich, there are two Ø3mm Ni80 28ga * 3 + 40ga coils, there are two abundant cotton laces, a metal tool to help in case of locking, four screws spare, an Allen key, numerous o'ring and an adapter for Drip-Tip 510.

With a base diameter of 28mm, a height of 54mm and a weight of 90g, the Arbiter RTA looks quite impressive, especially with the 7ml Bubble glass installed.
    Proceeding with the disassembly of the pieces I notice a certain care in manufacturing and a good smoothness of the threads, now all that remains is to photograph the set of disassembled pieces ...

OXVA Arbiter RTA 8.jpg

Description Oxva Arbiter RTA:

The bottom of the atomizer has a unscrewable pin, isolated, slightly protruding and gold-plated, laser engraved there are: the CE mark, the disposal logo, the writing Arbiter, designed by oxva and the date 2020.11.1 A001, this is of the first copy and Oxva sent it to me? I would be proud of it!

OXVA Arbiter RTA 9.jpg

The Top-Cap features CNC machining to improve grip, top-cap it opens quickly with a 1/4 rotation, thanks to a "bayonet" type system.
    The closure / opening is solid and precise, the seal is guaranteed by a large silicone o'ring, the refill slots are of good size, the part around the slots uses an intelligent channeling to let the excess liquid flow into the tank .

OXVA Arbiter RTA 10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    The central structure has two opposing slots for the upper air flow, these slots measure 13x3mm, again on the AFC ring there are two "X" engraved reminiscent of Oxva brand. Lower down there is a large red silicone o'ring for the internal seal of the glass tank. On the bell we find the laser engravings of the logo and product name.

OXVA Arbiter RTA 11.jpg

OXVA Arbiter RTA 12.jpg

Oxva Arbiter RTA Top to Bottom airflow:
    Before examining the components that direct the flow of air, let's look at the animated GIF below that reproduces the path.

OXVA Arbiter RTA 13.gif

Below we can see represented the air path of the new Arbiter RTA compared with two classic competitor systems.

OXVA Arbiter RTA 14.jpg

What Justin Lai wanted to achieve is a "guided" path of the air from the top to the side and towards the lowest part of the resistance, practically the flow had to hit the coil from the bottom to the top like a normal RTA with AFC positioned at the bottom, thus increasing the aromatic yield, while maintaining the advantage of the atomizers with the AFC positioned at the top, which are notoriously resistant to liquid leaks.

To obtain this result, Justin studied and produced a metal reduction to be placed above the deck, this insert is made in such a way as to eliminate all the harmful spaces that disturb a correct flow of air towards the coil. Through this insert it has enclosed a large part of the deck inside, leaving only the area of air flow to the coils free.

The postless deck has been designed to facilitate air routing ...
    The Deck in certain points prevents unnecessary steps from the air, note the "barrier" in white insulating peek which is located in the area of the buttonholes for the cotton.

This Deck + reduction insert system forces the flow to a forced passage and in addition to compressing it, it also significantly reduces the internal space of the bell. The feeling during the vape looks like something new and "very direct" to the lungs, but we will see this later in the final considerations.

OXVA Arbiter RTA 15.jpg

In the image below you can clearly see the forced passage of the air flow and the absence of any harmful space around the Deck, therefore no dispersive honeycomb processing (so far very popular among RTA manufacturers). RTA has a flow calculated in a precise, direct and highly compressed way thanks to an additional highly condensed chamber which limits the air pressure losses by conveying it compactly upwards.

OXVA Arbiter RTA 16.jpg

Build:
    This animated image would suffice to explain how simple the coil building operation on the Arbiter is ...

OXVA Arbiter RTA 17.gif

The postless Deck with its 4 anchor points, allows various possibilities of orientation of the legs with single and dual-coil constructions.

The coil insertion system takes place in an angled way and their positioning is almost automatic, the raised "U" construction platform does not make it necessary to cut the legs before their insertion, allowing cutting after tightening. The tightening screws are Allen screws (my favorite).

The cotton containment buttonholes are of reasonable size, embracing the cotton at the top, leaving it free to breather, clearly visible once it is lowered inside.

OXVA Arbiter RTA 18.jpg

OXVA Arbiter RTA 19.jpg

Vaping test:
    In my reviews, when it comes to atomizers I always want to test the spare part's first and any coils supplied.
    This is because I think it can better help both the reviewer and the reader to understand the constructive "concept" that underlies a new product.

So I immediately installed on the Oxva Arbiter the two Ø3mm coils with 6 windings, made of 28ga * 3 + 40ga Ni80. Their resistive value shown on the bag is 0.4Ω for each resistance, in fact, once the construction (double-coil) operation is completed, the indicated resistive value is 0.20Ω.

I then positioned myself at 60W and started my test, the liquid used is one of my favorite red fruit, with VG / PG 70-30 base and with 2mg / ml of added nicotine. The first impression is that of being using an RTA Bottom air-flow, with a direct and compact pull towards the lungs, the perception of the nicotine concentration present in the liquid is exaggerated and highly emphasized compared to other Atom DLs I'm using, this very high yield also significantly affects the perception of flavor making it very charged. The amount of steam emitted by the Arbiter is fully sufficient, but more than anything else it is the aspirated flow which seems particularly profitable and not very dispersive even with the AFC fully open. All the notes are enhanced, closing the AFC the performance improves even more, but the heat also increases, lowering the wattage things are balanced again, I think this is a signal of excellent overall performance, in fact using it in single coil at 30W with air open to 50% the sensations that the Oxva Abiter offered me are the same, high aromatic yield and strong perception of hit, I think it is also a really good result to be able to lower the concentration of nicotine in your liquids.
    Another positive note concerns the intake noise which does not undergo variations with any other adjustment of the AFC. The suction noise always remains with a deep and calm timbre, you can hear the pops of the coils almost more pronounced than the rest of the Puff.

Final conclusions:
    Hoping to have been as complete as possible, I greet you and conclude by briefly summarizing what my impressions were during the test.

The full airflow from top to bottom with this extremely condensed chamber makes Oxva's Arbiter RTA an excellent atomizer with an equal or better performance than classic RTAs with AFC at the bottom. In addition, the advantage of the AFC placed at the top allows you to completely eliminate losses. The Arbiter is also one of the simplest RTAs to build on.

I find this design very good, I liked them; the construction materials, the precision of the couplings and the finishes, I also find the product aesthetically successful and with an excellent liquid capacity (7ml). So if you want to try something innovative regarding top-airflow and its benefits, this Arbiter RTA is for you.
    Good Oxva and good Justin, in my opinion you are producing excellent devices, keep it up!

Thanks to Oxva for submitting this product for the review:

OXVA Arbiter RTA

OXVA Arbiter RTA 20.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread