Oxva Origin 2 constantly hitting dry

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnekInMyBoot

Dec 7, 2022
Hey guys. So I didn't know where else to ask this so I thought I'd come on here.

I've just bought an Oxva Origin 2 and I'm relatively new to vaping, but I wanted to make the move from disposables because they're just not economically viable for me.

As much as I like the Origin 2 in terms of aesthetics, it keeps hitting dry as heck.

I made sure to saturate the 0.2ohm coil properly, I even roughed up the cotton to see if it would soak up the juice better.

It made a difference for like 3 hits, then went back to scratching up my throat and lungs.

I'm using Vapourizi 50/50 juice, the mango+raspberry flavour.
I'm just confused, because I've heard generally pretty great things about the Oxva Origin 2, and I'm wondering why it's not working for me.

I left it over night to see if it would make a difference, nope. I tried different wattages, nope. I tried different flavours, nope. Different amounts of air, nope.
How the heck do I make this thing taste good. I really want it to work for me. Should I just swap in the 0.3ohm and start again, and wait even longer for it saturate?

Any help appreciated.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey guys. So I didn't know where else to ask this so I thought I'd come on here.

I've just bought an Oxva Origin 2 and I'm relatively new to vaping, but I wanted to make the move from disposables because they're just not economically viable for me.

As much as I like the Origin 2 in terms of aesthetics, it keeps hitting dry as heck.

I made sure to saturate the 0.2ohm coil properly, I even roughed up the cotton to see if it would soak up the juice better.

It made a difference for like 3 hits, then went back to scratching up my throat and lungs.

I'm using Vapourizi 50/50 juice, the mango+raspberry flavour.
I'm just confused, because I've heard generally pretty great things about the Oxva Origin 2, and I'm wondering why it's not working for me.

I left it over night to see if it would make a difference, nope. I tried different wattages, nope. I tried different flavours, nope. Different amounts of air, nope.
How the heck do I make this thing taste good. I really want it to work for me. Should I just swap in the 0.3ohm and start again, and wait even longer for it saturate?

Any help appreciated.
Hi and welcome,
What wattage are you using with the .02Ω coil?
What is the nicotine level of the juice you are using?
How have you adjusted the air flow?
Do you draw the vapor into your mouth and then into your lung or do you inhale directly to your lungs?
How long did you smoke and how many per day?
How long did you use disposables?
Are you trying to vape the OXVA using the same technique/style as a disposable?

Cheers
I

SnekInMyBoot

Dec 7, 2022
Hi and welcome,

What wattage are you using with the .02Ω coil?

What is the nicotine level of the juice you are using?

How have you adjusted the air flow?

Do you draw the vapor into your mouth and then into your lung or do you inhale directly to your lungs?

How long did you smoke and how many per day?

How long did you use disposables?

Are you trying to vape the OXVA using the same technique/style as a disposable?

Cheers

I

SnekInMyBoot

Dec 7, 2022
Hi Ian,

I'm using anywhere between 5 and 55 Watts just to not kill my lungs.

I'm using 12 mg/ml (1.2%)

I have adjusted the airflow and it didn't make a difference.

I have tried both MTL and DTL and both produced the same burned taste and sensation.

I was a very light smoker, max per day, and it was purel10y social. Max

I am using any wattage I can find that esn't kill my lungs immediateley, started at 55 and went all th way down to 5,

Last edited by a moderator:

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    It could very possibly be your juice at 50vg/50pg.
    All I can think of is try a 70vg/30pg or even 60vg/40pg juice and see how you go.
    Just a tip too when you're working with the wattage start low and work your way up until you are comfortable :thumb:
    Sit tight there will be a few more handy tips come your way!l

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi Ian,

I'm using anywhere between 5 and 55 Watts just to not kill my lungs.

I'm using 12 mg/ml (1.2%)

I have adjusted the airflow and it didn't make a difference.

I have tried both MTL and DTL and both produced the same burned taste and sensation.

I was a very light smoker, max per day, and it was purel10y social. Max

I am using any wattage I can find that esn't kill my lungs immediateley, started at 55 and went all th way down to 5,
    If you are using standard nicotine, I would suggest you lower your strength to 3mg/ml-6mg/ml.
    You could also try using a nicotine salt based liquid. Salt based liquids are known for providing little to no nicotine "TH" throat hit.

Once you have a more suitable nicotine solution;
    Watch a few videos of the device in use.
    Mimic the wattage, airflow adjustment, and draw technique.

HTH
    I

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Put 70/30 in, Fango Mango, burnt away all the old liquid, can confirm it has fixed the issue. Thanks for the advice!!
    I'm very happy to hear that the problem is all sorted out!!
    It was my pleasure to help!!

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Simple question; why did you start out with a 0.2 ohm coil?!?

A 2.0 ohm coil is much easier to control than a 0.2 ohm coil.

Here is what happened, and why it didn't work.
    You were using a MTL juice in a DTL set up.

So first thing you need to do is to decide WHICH style of vaping do you want to do.
    If you want MTL ... CHANGE COILS
    If you want DTL .... change liquids (and open up the air)

Personally, I do MTL, and use a 1.8 ohm coil with 50/50 mix @ 12mg nic
    If I tried to do that with a 0.2 ohm coil, it would fry my mouth out.

add:
    I also use a mechanical mod, so the battery state dictates the voltage/wattage.
    1.8 ohms @ 4 volts = 8.8 watts
    but @ 3.5 volts it's only 6.8 watts
    Your 0.2 ohm coil @ 4 volts would be 80 watts !!!! and that won't work with MTL

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread