Panasonic CGR18650CH battery life question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gstlfire

Sep 23, 2013
USA
Hello everyone

To the people who own a Panasonic CGR18650CH battery, how many hours average vape time do you guys get on your mech mods? I have a chi you mod that I am using this battery with and it doesn't even last a day of use it seems like. I only take a 4-5 drags probably between the span 2 hours and slowly dies off later until it won't even fire. I just purchased this battery too.

xamxela

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Valparaiso
Now, I'm no expert, but I've heard you never want to run your batteries down to the point that they wont fire. I think doing that will actually drastically shorten your battery's life. I use primarily only mech mods and RDA's and I always swap my batteries out after an hour or two, even before I can really tell there's a drop in performance.

So I'm guessing one of the two things happened: You got a sub-par battery from the factory, or the battery life was severely diminished from being ran dead repeatedly.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
What you just posted says little.

How are you charging?
How are you monitoring the battery?
How low is your Coil resistance on what type Device?

Real Chi You or Clone?

You may have over discharged and damaged the battery. There is a low limit you should never exceed.
In the eVic my Panny's last a day or better.
In one of my Mech Mods they will last 6-10 hours depending on use. 4 Months old and no sign of lost performance.

gstlfire

Sep 23, 2013
USA
What you just posted says little.

How are you charging?
How are you monitoring the battery?
How low is your Coil resistance on what type Device?

Real Chi You or Clone?

You may have over discharged and damaged the battery. There is a low limit you should never exceed.
In the eVic my Panny's last a day or better.
In one of my Mech Mods they will last 6-10 hours depending on use. 4 Months old and no sign of lost performance.

I am charging with a trust fire charger on a chi you clone dual coil sub ohm. I believe I might have damaged this battery, when I received the battery, I used it immediately without charging it first and that could have made it reach the lower limit.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
yea these batteries should never go below 2.5 volts. when they arrive they are usually around 3.5-3.6 volts for shipping. under load this will easily drop to 3.2 maybe an hour or so and they will be pretty low.

dualcoil subohm. how low? anydual coil set up in general will put a lot of strain on a battery and drain them much faster then normal.
for these batteries with a .9 ohm coil im getting about the same as crxess, in general I have to change them next day in my mech

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You should always charge a new battery before use.

You can't have both long battery time (mAh) and high drain capacity in a single battery. It's either one or the other. A protected Li Ion will have higher mAh but not have the high drain capacity. RBA's require the high drain capacity of an IMR. (Never use an un-protected Li Ion battery in a mod.)

Dual coils demand more amp power from your battery. Sub ohm demands even more amps. Exactly what resistance coils are you building? The Panasonic CGR18650CH has a 10 amp continuous discharge rate, any lower than 0.5 ohm and you are pushing your battery beyond its capacity, which can be dangerous. At that point you need one of the following batteries:
AW IMR
18650 1600mah 24Amp

Samsung hybrid (LiNiCoMnP)
INR18650-20R 2000mah 20Amp

MNKE IMR
IMR18650 1500mah 20Amp​

Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected?

Last edited:

gstlfire

Sep 23, 2013
USA
You should always charge a new battery before use.

You can't have both long battery time (mAh) and high drain capacity in a single battery. It's either one or the other. A protected Li Ion will have higher mAh but not have the high drain capacity. RBA's require the high drain capacity of an IMR. (Never use an un-protected Li Ion battery in a mod.)

Dual coils demand more amp power from your battery. Sub ohm demands even more amps. Exactly what resistance coils are you building? The Panasonic CGR18650CH has a 10 amp continuous discharge rate, any lower than 0.5 ohm and you are pushing your battery beyond its capacity, which can be dangerous. At that point you need one of the following batteries:
AW IMR
18650 1600mah 24Amp

Samsung hybrid (LiNiCoMnP)
INR18650-20R 2000mah 20Amp

MNKE IMR
IMR18650 1500mah 20Amp​

Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected?

Wow thank you for the input, I'm running ~0.8 ohm. I am going to pick up an IMR for future uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread