Parma Violet Mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEP

Aug 13, 2010
UK
Hi Nick

I've Been a huge fan of DV Parma Violet for ages now, and it's the only vape for me, i know lots of people like to mix and match and swap around, but i've got to say that I'm not one of them. When i started vaping it took me a few flavors to find the one, but once i hit the parma i was well and truly sold. and been using it exclusively since then.

With TW no longer stocking the 30 ml premixed any more, decided to get the platinum ice mixing kit. went for the PG Ice, with PG diluent and three bottles of DV parma violet flavoring, yum!

the first batch was not nice at all way to much throat hit and no vapor on the exhale. After a little reading i got some AG diluent as well. This reduced the throat hit and gave a light amount of vapor. Although not as much as the premixed.

To make a long story short, what followed was a three week journey of trying to remember what levels had gone before as i mixed a small batch every day in pursuit of the violet grail. I now seem to be pretty close to the elusive premixed that i love so much.

Im currently at (for 18 mg strength, that i probably should of mentioned before now)

%33 PG Ice
%43 PG diluent
%5 AG diluent
%19 DV Parma violet flavor.

Like i said I'm close to premixed (I think!) but I just can't seem to get it spot on.

I'm hoping you could tell me the exact recipe in the premixed, partly for curiosity as i would like to see just how close i've got, but to be honest i just miss my premixed and would love to be able to make it like i know i like it. That is if its not closely guarded trade secret or anything.

Many thanks and vape on.

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
Glad you like it :)

Close, but you want a little less flavour and little more AG. To recreate the premixed PV @ 18mg exactly:

33% PG PI
42% PG diluent
10% AG diluent
15% Parma Violet flavouring

it's a strange one, Parma Violet - the distinctive flavouring component is a chemical called ionone, and it has the curious property of tasting weaker at higher strengths. It effectively anaesthetises your taste buds, and it's the reason why violets are commonly referred to as "shrinking" - it's nothing to do with their habit, but with their scent, and perfumers have often noted that if you take the stopper out of a bottle of violet scent, and take a sniff, it doesn't smell of much. But when you put the stopper back in, you suddenly realize the room smells of violets :)
At higher strengths you'll get almost chocolatey tones, from the leaf absolute and some sweetness, but for the floral flavour, 10-15% seems to be optimal.

The premixed is coming back in the New Year (and new 10ml bottles :)), but as you've probably found, mixing your own is quite a bit cheaper :)

JGD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Sorry for the newbie question, but what is AG diluent? I just bought my first DV order and I did NOT get the Platinum Ice. Wha's in it? I thought it was just a combo of nic and high quality PG? I spent a small fortune and my DIY flavors... is there any way for me to mix these flavors with traditional PG, VG, Nic and flavoring? If not, I looks like I'll have to wait to mix and place another order. Where do I get the diluents?

JGD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Wisconsin
"AG" is "aqueous glycerin"

All that is is VG that has been pre-thinned with distilled water (usually by 10 or 15%)

Thank-you! And a big thanks to Nick O'Teen for the Parma recipe!

This has all been very useful info for me.. I'm loading my DV cart now! I'm buying the Platinum Ice, the diluents and a few new flavors. I really like the Cocoyam but when I put it in a tank the flavor just went weird one me.... I've noticed that happens with certain flavors in tanks. It vaped fine in my bottom feeder though and with direct dripping. I bought about 6 DV flavor concentrates last month and used normal PG/VG/ PG nic base and the flavors didn't come close to the pre-mixed flavors from DV. I bought one of each flavor in both the pre-mixed and concentrate to see if I could match the flavors. Nope! I guess buying the Platinum Ice is very important in achieving the same flavor results. I'm almost exclusively vaping DV flavors now.Does anyone have the perfect recipe for the Ylang-Ylang?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread