Partial charges & battery life

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethnobot

Jun 2, 2011
UK
I'm at the stage right now of finding a couple of different PVs best for particular situations but, having experimented to find 'em, not having much cash to spend on vaping stuff for a few weeks (just bought a bunch of liquid samples too ;) ). This means I don't have much in the way off spare batts for the right now. Earning my rent and vaping money involves a bunch of freelance writing and numbercrunching right now tho so a whole chunk of my day's spent with one or other computer on & they're all usb chargers. So I wanna just stick the batt for the PV I'm not using in to the computer to top up the charge whatever the level's got down to & change 'em over when I'm reaching for the other one, so that neither is likely to run outta charge on me completely until I can afford a better solution.

Thanks, that's a great thread link - I'm still getting the hang of searching the forums so I appreciate it :)

I was wondering the same thing so thanks for asking the question.

Haha... remember the nerd in high school everyone used to pretend was soo annoying but asked all the questions that other people wanted to know the answers to but didn't ask for any number of reasons? When I'm new or newish to any subject in life these days, and especially on the internet, I make an actual point of being that nerd :p coz usually if I'm scratchin' my head about something then at least one other person somewhere is too.

Peace, ethnobot

Last edited:

ethnobot

Jun 2, 2011
UK
I probably jinx myself and they'll all crapout at once on me.

I actually still have the last disposable I bought the day I got my 1st real rechargeable & thus never used. They have a long shelf life so I kept it precisely due to paranoia about the circumstance you describe. I should put it in a little red box with a safety glass front and a little sign saying "In Case of Emergency, Break Glass to Vape"

:laugh::laugh::vapor::laugh::laugh:

I haven't killed a battery yet and I've been vaping since August 2010. I don't let them drain completely and recharge often. Nine months today, and nothing dead is great...I probably jinx myself and they'll all crapout at once on me.

This would so be my luck. And I would have a huge order of E-liquids due to arrive by FedEx or UPS the next day or something to boot. LOL

~Darlene~

blue8091

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
Vape Town
This is one of the most important aspects of ECigs - and I was very grateful to have read this information before my kit even arrived. In fact, I made 2 more orders after the first initial one - and stocked myself with 5 batteries.

I have 2 stds and 3 longs - and use the longs exclusively. I had 2 diff cartos and I alternate between them during the day and then the next morning - top them both off - while surfing with the "power cig".

After charging - about how long does a batt last when you are not using it? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread