The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Participate in e-cig research!

Discussion in 'Legislation News' started by Kaston, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. tvujec

tvujec Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 18, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    I also hate when people make claims like this without the explanation. The claims are only true if you compare the nicotine levels. E.g. assuming that 1 cart holds 1 ml of e.g. 16mg/ml liquid, the comparison of 5 carts to 80-100 cigarettes stands. However, smokers are only going to count puffs, and even that is the best case scenario. From my personal experience, most are just looking at the time period and comparing from there, e.g. 1 day = 3 cartridges = 1 pack.

On the other hand, the above is very is very subjective measurement. I have a friend who completely switched from 2 pack a day habit to 1ml of 16mg/ml per day, as well as the other one who switched from half a pack to 1ml of 24mg/ml per day. How do you publish that kind of comparison? Most suppliers publish nicotine contents comparison, since it is the only one that can be reliable.

I strongly believe that we should just accept that ecigs are completely different from analogs, and let the customer decide for themselves. That's going to be a bit problematic at the beginning, since most smokers have no ecig experience, and are trying to decide what to buy based on their current habit.

2. Cloud9Smoking.com

Cloud9Smoking.com Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2009
    Brooklyn, New York
    Done. This should definitely help our cause.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.