PCC problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanza

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Wilmette, IL
I read the info sheet, I studied the YouTube videos (they all seem to have a different model than mine) and *STILL* I am not able to get the thing to work. I thought I would post here before asking V4L about it and finding out I was doing everything all wrong :oops:

I have a push button above the light and a meter/bar indicator below the light and they are all on the extreme left-hand side. So the bar is full and I have an battery that needs charging on it now - what should I be doing next? I won't tell you what I've done so as not to cloud your vision, so to speak :p

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated :)

DawnsFolly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Saint Petersburg, Florida
The parts are essentially the same on each model. At the far left side of the long sloat there is a metal piece that will swivel up. It's threaded so just screw your battery in there and it will charge in about 3 hours. You may need to press a button to start the charging process if the battery light didn't flash when you screwed it into the PCC. Did I understand your question correctly?

wader2k

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
NE Illinois
I have copied the pertinent instructions here. Maybe this will help.

I. Screw the battery into PCC adapter.
II. Press the power switch until the LED indicator turns red after blinking several times.
III. LED indicator turns off after staying red for several seconds.
IV. Allow the battery to charge charging for approximately 3-4 hours.
V. To confirm the battery’s charge state, press the power switch again, if LED indicator turns green, then the battery is fully charged.

Kanza

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Wilmette, IL
That's what I did the first time I tested it but will do it again following Wade's directions.

Well, did all of that and left the battery connected while I spun some yarn. Came back and it turned green. As a test, I put it in my USB charger and its led turned red :( I have an uncharged battery - but WAIT! Eureka! After five minutes, the red light is starting to flash blue - it must have needed a little topping off! <cheer>

Thanks for your help and the excellent directions that came with it! I guess I expected the light to stay on while charging - silly me!

Again, thank you both for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread