Peach Melba

Status
Not open for further replies.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
This is for a 5ml bottle at 21% flavor. Please adjust to taste! I like strong flavors because I vape a 50/50 mix. All flavors are TPA.

Peach 9% (15 drops)
Raspberry 5% (8 drops)
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 6% (10 drops)
Honey 1% (2 drops)

Be careful with using the Honey flavor because it doesn't take much to completely wipe out the taste. I haven't tried adding any sweetener, but if you like a sweeter mix you could try adding a couple of drops of Sweet Cream to bring out the the ice cream flavor.

I've only made this once, so please let me know what you think!

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
Wow! That looks pretty good and I actually have those flavorings. I'm not crazy about Peach but the wife just might like this. I'll whip up a batch tonight if I get a chance and let ya know how it goes.
I've used TPA's Raspberry before and it took over everything I had in the mix. How does it come through at the 5% in your mix? Does it give a hint of Raspberry or is it more dominant? I guess I could start out a little at a time but patience isn't one of my strong points. lol

Thanks for sharing this!

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
Well.... I thought I had all the ingredients but the one flavoring I didn't have was the dang Peach. :(

So...... I improvised and used the next closest thing (in my little mind) and used Pear. I mean what the hell... All I had to do was remove the letters C & H and replace them with an R.! Right!?! LOL

I used the same proportions in a 5ml batch except the lowest PG/VG I could get to was 58/42 and it didn't turn out half bad. I still have troubles with fruit flavors having a slight perfume taste (I always have) but the wife likes it. She thought the Raspberry came through just a little to strong for her so on the next batch I will start a little lower. I'm going to carefully play around with the Honey as well because I don't think I could taste it at the 1%. And of course I will be ordering some Peach as well. lol

Thanks again Woman. Me thinks you have a winner here.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This is for a 5ml bottle at 21% flavor. Please adjust to taste! I like strong flavors because I vape a 50/50 mix. All flavors are TPA.

Peach 9% (15 drops)
Raspberry 5% (8 drops)
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 6% (10 drops)
Honey 1% (2 drops)

Be careful with using the Honey flavor because it doesn't take much to completely wipe out the taste. I haven't tried adding any sweetener, but if you like a sweeter mix you could try adding a couple of drops of Sweet Cream to bring out the the ice cream flavor.

I've only made this once, so please let me know what you think!

Hi WoH,
The Peach Melba was simply wonderful. Had to adjust it to my taste. Love it. Keep em coming girl.
Just wanted you to know that I plugged your percentages into "eJuice Me Up" and found that either you are using 33 drops = 1ml or your making an 8.5ml amount. Is that correct or was it a Typo?

I have been saving this recipe for when I got all the flavours and I finally got them all! So I mixed up a batch and it is great. All the flavours I used were from TPA also. The main flavour is raspberry with undertones of peach - I cannot taste the other two flavours but do not mind as it is great as is. I did not follow the recipe to a "T" as I was only mixing 3ml. I will be making more of this though :D Thanks for the share!

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Funny thing happened when I went to make a 5 mL batch: I picked up the Raspberry instead of the Peach and added 0.5 mL, or about 15 drops. Dang. So I doubled down on the rest of the flavorings.

I'll give the bottle a couple days, then see if it's a win or a bust.

Oh no! Is there any way you might be able to save by maybe turning it into a 10ml batch? 15 drops of Raspberry is about right for that size batch, then just add 13 more drops of Peach, 10 of VBIC and 1 or 2 of the Honey.

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
I could get back to the original recipe's 21% flavoring by adding 3.8 mL of base, but I'm curious to sample it first at double strength and see how it tastes. You never know til you try, right?

Thanks again for the Brandy Alexandra recipe, that is in my top ten of all the juices I've ever tried!
Have you tried making it with VG and real brandy yet?

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I could get back to the original recipe's 21% flavoring by adding 3.8 mL of base, but I'm curious to sample it first at double strength and see how it tastes. You never know til you try, right?

Thanks again for the Brandy Alexandra recipe, that is in my top ten of all the juices I've ever tried!
Have you tried making it with VG and real brandy yet?

Really? It's in your top ten? You have no idea how happy that makes me! I haven't tried it with real brandy yet because I don't have any. :(

Let me know how the double flavor Peach Melba tastes. I'm not that brave with double flavors.

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
Yep, solid top ten. Taste - body - balance, and with a VG base, lots of vapor. I don't vape it constantly, just drip occaisionally during the day in a spare eGo and think, mmmmm... that's good!

Double flavor Peach Melba -- too much! Definite throat burn and not a pleasant taste. I considered using Vape Wizard to mellow it down but instead decided to add 3 mL more base to the 6 mL batch. After setting overnight it still had some chemical bite on the tongue. I'll give it another day to blend and then try it again.

I did mix a little of it 50/50 with some Backwoods Brew Peach and the new blend is pretty good. I have trouble getting much flavor from peach juices, seems like they're either too subtle or chemical-tasting.

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
I wouldn't use real honey for two reasons: 1) it would clog your atomizer or carto with a burnt caramel residue; 2) it wouldn't provide enough flavor to be worth trying.

I've been using Flavourart Honey.
Lorann Honey isn't bad in small percentages.
Haven't tried it yet, but I've heard Perfumer's Apprentice Honey is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread