Perique?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theinlawjosie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
The Bluegrass State
Before I quit the stinkies I enjoyed the occasional pipe. I liked perique blends so much that I decided to give the American Spirit Perique analogs a shot and really enjoyed them as well. I have now tried perique vapes from two vendors (tobac de perique from highbrow and natural perique from goodejuice) and have been a little grossed out by both of them. The goodejuice version isn't as bad, and it hasn't steeped at all (I thought I read someone say their perique from goodejuice was good to go out of the box) but it still turns me off quite a bit. Any of you fine folks that enjoy perique vapes ever enjoy perique tobacco? If so, is it really that much different in vapor form or have I just lost my taste for perique?

piggy

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2013
New York
What a coincidence. The only 2 perique's i've tried were also the highbrow and GEJ. I loved the naturalness of the GEJ perique. Can't say the same for highbrow. The GEJ becomes less sweet as it steeps and takes on a smokey flavor. To me GEJ tasted a bit like tea leaves at first.
Sadly, Highbrow won't change much (and i doubt it's a NET).

theinlawjosie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
The Bluegrass State
piggy:10691028 said:
What a coincidence. The only 2 perique's i've tried were also the highbrow and GEJ. I loved the naturalness of the GEJ perique. Can't say the same for highbrow. The GEJ becomes less sweet as it steeps and takes on a smokey flavor. To me GEJ tasted a bit like tea leaves at first.
Sadly, Highbrow won't change much (and i doubt it's a NET).

Yeah, the highbrow was one of the first juice orders I placed so it's probably around 4 months old right now and hasn't changed all that much. It may be slightly more tolerable now, but not much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread