The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Volunteer to help with beta testing!

We’re working on getting the site updates ready, but we’ll need your help to check the changes, make sure everything makes sense to you, and report any issues you see. If you'd like to volunteer to help with beta testing, click the link below. The first 20 people to respond to this thread will be added to the team!

View thread
    Dismiss Notice

Phantus Mini - spare spring?

Discussion in 'Mech Mods' started by OldBatty, Jan 11, 2022.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. OldBatty

OldBatty Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2014
    North Georgia USA
    Have two and no spare spring. Few days ago almost lost a spring, finally found it fully ten feet away! Started searching for a source for spares with little luck. Nothing even close on Amazon, tried both industrial suppliers MSC & McMaster. Slightly closer but not worth risking $12 plus unknown shipping.

Google search turned up a company I have never heard of, mwcomponents. They have a spring I believe will work. Wire size is identical, OD & ID within a few thousandths, length is one coil too long. Might work as is or can clip one coil and attempt to close the end as best I can. Only $3.67 each but they have a $15 fee for orders under $40:grr: Do not need 11 of them and no idea what shipping is. Never got that far...

Any suggestions on a better source?

2. mimöschen

mimöschen Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2016
    You can always build your own spring.
    Appropriate SS-wire isn't that expensive.

3. OldBatty

OldBatty Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2014
    North Georgia USA
    @mimöschen Thanks, will look into that. Certainly small enough to do with improvised equipment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.