Pico dual+Sense herakles Automizer Short with 0.6 Ohm coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaperwolf

Apr 10, 2019
Greetings, i'm Vaperwolf and new to this platform.
I have a problem and wanted to ask you if you know how i can fix my problem. I have a pico dual e-cigarette with a sense herakles tank. The problem is that whenever i use a coil with 0.6 ohm (Original herakles coils) the e-cigarette shows the message "automizer short" after i vaped a short time ranges from 1-3 minutes maybe. I already tried three so the problem aren't the coils i think. I always have to disconnect the tank from the pico dual and reconnect it again. After this it works again for a shor time. (Restartig the e-cigarette doesn't work for example) Coils with 0.2 ohm work fine and there is no problem. The pico dual should also be able to handel 0.6 ohm. E-cigarette is also updated to the newest version.

I ordered a few 0.6 ohms so i want to fix the problem so the money wasn't wasted. :/
I hope you can help me. Kind regards.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Howdy and welcome :)
That’s a somewhat odd problem.

Atomizer short means something is shorting the positive and negative posts. This could be inside the coil, inside the tank, or on the connector itself.

The odd bit is it doesn’t do it instantly, but only after a few puffs.

Gunk is a common problem. Giving the connectors a good wipe usually doesn’t hurt.

Another really common issue generally is user error. It’s got a lot of sub categories though

You are saying it is doing it with any .6ohm coil. Is it doing it with coils other than .6ohm as well?

Is it being inserted correctly?
Are all the parts and gaskets in the correct place in the tank?

Reactions: Vaperwolf

Vaperwolf

Apr 10, 2019
Howdy and welcome :)
That’s a somewhat odd problem.

You are saying it is doing it with any .6ohm coil. Is it doing it with coils other than .6ohm as well?

Is it being inserted correctly?
Are all the parts and gaskets in the correct place in the tank?

Yes. Everything is inserted correctly. I also only have the problem with 0.6 ohm coils and i tried a few of them. 0.2 ohm worked until now so i don't think i mess up inserting the coil only when i use a 0.6. (I didn't try every 0.6 in one day. I used a 0.6 -> didn't work so i changed to 0.2-> a few weeks later i tried another 0,6-> still not working so used another 0.2.-> yesterday i had my third try with a 0.6 and it still doesn't work.) I don't know if there are other coils with a different resistance than 0.2 and 0.6 for the heracles so i don't know if the problem is only found on the 0,6 coils.

I personally think, it might just be the pico dual itself, because it needs some time for this error message to show up, and there is actually no problem. (No gunk, no visible damage etc.)

Last edited:

Kennneth

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2019
Dallas
Check your 510 on top the mod. Make sure the atomizer side and the mod side are clean. Also check your mod’s 510 to see if it’s still springy or if that’s gunk up and sticking.

Noob here, but go with madstabber recommendations first for sure imo.
Also, might try turning your power down to see if it happens (like 10%). The result could be useful in troubleshooting. But hopefully you have it all sorted by now : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread