Picture of Your Setup Part 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
It's just not a gloomy day here due to the weather, but because I melted the peak in my Velocity rda :( So I console myself today with my Goblin Mini V2 and Griffin.
PnImOA8.jpg

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
@Stephen1520 Eh... too much heat obviously.. long story. I tried to build a parallel coil for the first time. I wrapped a clapton paralleled with 24ga which came out to 0.13 oHms. This was too low for me but I was curious how it would vape. Whilst trying to get the coils to heat up evenly, the rda got too hot. I then noticed that the positive post had raised up. So in the process I have messed up my rda and 521 tab (tab's oHm reading is now all over the place). Luckily the battery didn't blow up and so I am safe. Lesson of the story, don't try crazy wires and do more research into oHms and safety.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
This was not what I would consider a constructive comment or opinion.

Now this part was a definitely honest opinion which I appreciate.
Absolutely amazing how people can accept a view that corresponds with their desired outcome and reject another view that opposes it even when those in opposition vastly outweigh those in favor. I saw this online the other day when I quoted and linked to the Public Health England study. Someone replied that they didn't trust that study and went on to bash vaping quoting many of the debunked a thousand times over stories that the media spews.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
I also do not consider this device potentially explosive with all the safety features it has like shut off when battery approaches 3.3 Volts. Auto Shut down if you vape longer than 10 seconds and short protection.

With The iTaste Devices, the are not a true pass through, as they do not use the power code to heat the coil, they just draw off the battery while it is charging.

For me, If one of mine dies, I let it sit for a 1/2 hour to build up a bit of a charge before vaping. I have not had any issues with the iTaste devices using them his way, but bottom line is do what you feel is safe.

haleysdadda

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2015
Santee,San Diego
I was going to post a video of an eleaf mod that caught fire while charging, but he drops the f bomb too much to do so ;)
Don't feed the animals here please! Take them to your own thread & let them poop on the rug there!:thumbs::headbang:

haleysdadda

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2015
Santee,San Diego
the underlying point is, if a safety feature is needed, then there is something that is inherently unsafe or possibly dangerous, and safety features do fail sometimes ;)
I shouldn't even respond, But here I go anyway! Point taken & recieved! But Wouldn't a thread with IDK "Battery Safety" in it's title be a better place for it to be made & recieved? just askin'!

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I shouldn't even respond, But here I go anyway! Point taken & recieved! But Wouldn't a thread with IDK "Battery Safety" in it's title be a better place for it to be made & recieved? just askin'!
generally yes, but to steal your line, someone had already poo'd on the rug, I was just doing a quick clean up ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread