Status
Not open for further replies.

StrikeIII

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2013
Chicago
You telling me that your wattage doesn't change depending upon the resistance of your coil? That seems like varying wattage to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Mechanical mod itself is not variable. End of discussion.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk Pro

MamaJaay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
US
A Mechanical MOD itself is not variable. End of discussion.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk Pro

Agreed. All I meant was that the wattage you pull from a mech mod is controlled by the ohm of your coil(s) NOT by a button or switch.

You people getting all up in arms about wording is ridiculous.

sneakerpimp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
The O.C.
in an industry driven by switches whether that be mechanical or electronic, that is not 'control'. your definitions of the english language are distorted at best and have no relevance to the proper terms in vaping.

Agreed. All I meant was that the wattage you pull from a mech mod is controlled by the ohm of your coil(s) NOT by a button or switch.

You people getting all up in arms about wording is ridiculous.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Because we all only have one dripper, right?

Jeez. This whole thing was blown waaaaay out of hand.

That's what we're here for

I can change the wattage on my mechanicals anytime I want to ................... it just takes a little longer to replace the coil than it does to push the button on my VV/VW PVs is all.

Stir-the-pot-66219454052.gif

In the end, changing any one of the three (volts, watts, or ohms) will automatically change one of the other two. So it makes no difference which one you change.

Last edited:

MamaJaay

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 21, 2014
    US
    in an industry driven by switches whether that be mechanical or electronic, that is not 'control'. your definitions of the english language are distorted at best and have no relevance to the proper terms in vaping.

The OP was asking what was "lacking" in a mech in comparison to a VV/VW mod. the only point I was making was that mechs will also output differing wattages depending upon the build of your RDA/RBA.

mikeylab

Jun 3, 2014
    All Around
    Shop close to me has the 2.5. Going to check it out tomorrow. The top cap of the tobh is what beats the stillare for me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cool thanks - i forgot the stillare doesn't have a 2 piece top cap. i think you will like the 2.5, the air holes are bigger in the newest version.

i really like mine.

vapero

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    monterrey,mexico
    quick question for the users in this thread: how do you post direct url photos? i see the option, but when I try, it always gives me the "remote file too large' error message, regardless of the size of the image. Thanks!

uncheck the box that says " Retrieve remote file and reference locally"

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread