ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413507656.446119.jpg

I like stainless steel

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
I decided to give the 454 another shot tonight, and I'm pretty pleased with the results. Looks great on my Chi-You clone too. It's still no Magma, but at least I'm getting a decent amount of flavor and vapor out of it now. This is my lowest intentional build yet. 0.4Ohms. Hey, that's low for me. I'm used to .8-1.1Ohms on Taifun GTs and kayfun clones. ;)

454 clone rebuild on Chi-You 0005 by zipflint, on Flickr

454 clone rebuild 0001 by zipflint, on Flickr

454 clone rebuild 0002 by zipflint, on Flickr

454 clone rebuild 0004 by zipflint, on Flickr

:thumbs: There are a lot of GORGEOUS pictures in this thread and the first - going through them sort of at random is a real treat. Thanks to everyone who's come before and to all who will come after for sharing! :thumbs:

(When I figure out how to attach images via Google Drive, or upload mine to another source, I'll share some as well.)

Oh, um, it DID attach my first picture! So, there's my first thing. Early on I wanted a simple case in which to carry the batteries, atties, USB cord and portable charger plus a couple bottles of liquid. A pencil case from Staples did the trick.
20140917_113011.jpg

Um...More to follow. BETTER ones. Promise. This one really feels lame now.

Last edited:

Se/\/te/\/ced

Unresolved Status
Mar 14, 2014
Pakistan
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

julpin

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
Florida
I decided to give the 454 another shot tonight, and I'm pretty pleased with the results. Looks great on my Chi-You clone too. It's still no Magma, but at least I'm getting a decent amount of flavor and vapor out of it now. This is my lowest intentional build yet. 0.4Ohms. Hey, that's low for me. I'm used to .8-1.1Ohms on Taifun GTs and Kayfun clones. ;)

454 clone rebuild on Chi-You 0005 by zipflint, on Flickr

454 clone rebuild 0001 by zipflint, on Flickr

454 clone rebuild 0002 by zipflint, on Flickr

454 clone rebuild 0004 by zipflint, on Flickr

Hello zipflint, glad you are working things out with your 454, I think I see where you may have the problem, the coils shouldn`t be in front of the screws, try to set the coils in the middle of the screws, if that makes any sense. You airflow is being blocked by the screws.

"screws, screws, screws" lol

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
Here is how I have my 454 set up. Im at .63 with twisted 30g @ 4.8 to 5 v, I was a bit disappointed when I first got mine also, I finally figured it out and had to drop the ohm's give it some more power and change the drip tip, the stock tip didnt work for me. I have just a shorty wide bore delrin drip tip pretty nice vape.

Attachments

• unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 61
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 60

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Thanks for the tip! I didn't think it would make a big difference but when I rebuild, I'll definitely be paying more attention to coil placement. :)

Here is how I have my 454 set up. Im at .63 with twisted 30g @ 4.8 to 5 v, I was a bit disappointed when I first got mine also, I finally figured it out and had to drop the ohm's give it some more power and change the drip tip, the stock tip didnt work for me. I have just a shorty wide bore delrin drip tip pretty nice vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread