Pioneer4You iPV Aspect Pod System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the ipv Aspect Pod System from pioneer4you. The iPV Aspect Pod System was sent for the purpose of this review by Sherilyn from pioneer4you.

IPV ASPECT

Introduction

Pioneer4You have been in the vape game a long time but in recent times i just don't seem to hear much about them or their devices. They don't flood the market releasing devices every few weeks but i do see new devices appearing from time to time that aesthetically look damn nice and still utilise the latest YiHi chipset so this low key marketing seems strange. Now we see, yes you've guessed it they have dipped their toes into the pod device market with the iPV Aspect which is a strange looking but extremely solid device which is powered by the YiHi SXK1 chip. It features 2 different wattage settings while being a direct output device, adjustable airflow and a physical fire button which can be pressed in church and also allowing for the device to be turned off. I will crack on and have a look at the pod device from Pioneer4You from every aspect!

In The Box

Contents:

1 x Pioneer4you IPV Aspect Pod Device

1 x Pioneer4you Refillable Aspect K1 Pod (no e-liquid)

1 x Micro USB Cable

1 x User Guide

1 x QC Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Aspect comes in presentation cardboard packaging with cardboard sleeve and on opening i found i had received the Champagne colour, the other colour options are Black, Gunmetal, Silver, Pink and Blue. The Aspect looks very different to other pod devices i have seen and a lot of people will like it, others like me will be undecided. I don't quite know what it is as i like things that look different and the finishes and all colour options look great, even the Pink is actually more accurately a really nice Rose Gold. On the bottom both front and back we have a small panel which has swirled design and catches the light very pearly in nature and looks in my opinion stunning. I think that's it, the finishes are great and the panels look stunning but for me they kind of don't go together. The device has no ergonomic design features but being a pod device is still comfortable enough in the hand so no issues their. The device has flat sides that curve so is wider in the centre than top and bottom, on one of these sides we have the micro USB port with indicator light, on the bottom below the panel we have a hollow section that can be used for a lanyard but i'm sure it's there just with aesthetics in mind. The top of the device where the pod fits is an open frame which gives great visibility of the pod and therefore your juice level. On the front central top we have a Chrome coloured rectangular fire button, above this is 4 small LED's, on the reverse "iPV" is carved into the metal. I might be undecided about the Aspect aesthetically but there is no denying how well it is made, and it's heavy for a pod device. It's made of Zinc alloy but actually feels like a heavier metal.

Aspect Specs and Features:

Size: 90mm (H) x 40mm (W) x 10mm (D)
Powered by YiHi SXK1 Chip
750mAh Battery
2mL eJuice Capacity
Output Voltage: 2.8V – 4.2V
Input Voltage: 5V
Max Input Current: 500mA
LED Light Indicator (4 Lights)
PCB has liquid protection coating
Adjustable Wattage
Adjustable Airflow
1.0 Ohm Resistance
SS316 Coil, Organic Cotton
Bottom Fill Pod
Quick Response Fire Button
Colours: Black, Gunmetal, Silver, Champagne, Pink, Blue

The Pod

The Pod has a slightly rounded mouthpiece section which is comfortable when trying for size with the pod out the device. The pods tinted but no issues with visibility as you can clearly see both liquid and wicks. On one side of the pod we have adjustable airflow which is a massive pro and will describe in the next section. Looking at the bottom of the pod we have the contacts with silicone surround. The silicone goes to one edge of the pod where you can get your nail underneath to lift up to reveal it was bunging the round fill port. The port is very small so anyone getting this would need to get a needle nose bottle to decant your liquid to first or use a syringe else it will be a messy job. The pod houses a 1.0ohm SS316 coil and has a capacity of 2ml, you only receive one pod which isn't acceptable in my opinion.

Adjustable Airflow

On the side of the pod we have a rubber section which has a hole and grooves for grip. This can be slid up and down like on rails by using your fingernail in one of the grooves. On the side of the pod you have a hole which matches the hole on the rubber. when fully lined up it's a large airflow inlet for a pod but you can reduce how much of the hole is open and even shut it off as it's not an airtight seal so the pod will still be getting some air.

Fitting The Pod

Looking inside the device because it's a wide open frame the base of the bay is not very deep, central we have the spring loaded contacts with a silicone surround, either side we can see screws. On the sides of the shallow bay we have metal sections that narrows the bay for the fitting of the pod. The pod get's press fitted into place but doesn't just slide in place. The top of the frame the pod fits into is about the width of the pod but then the frame tapers outwards so it goes in very loosely with loads of play from side to side. As described in the base of the bay we have metal sections the narrow the fitting so when you get the pod lined up it clicks in place and is very secure.

Operating The Aspect

The Aspect is 3 clicks of the fire button to turn on and 3 clicks to turn off, when turning on to confirm the 4 little LED's above the fire button light up in turn from left to right, when turning off they light up in turn in the opposite direction. If you press the fire button while off the LED's just flash indicating the device has power but is not switched on. Once on the device is a direct output device but does have 2 wattage levels which are referred to has medium and high wattage which is obviously in relation to it being a pod device as it's a low wattage device. To change between wattage modes is 5 quick clicks of the fire button, which need to be quick to bypass the power down but i didn't have any issues. The modes just switch with each 5 clicks, when medium wattage is chosen which will be indicated by the 2 centre LED's flashing 3 times (which is 7.8w to 11.5w) the voltage output is limited to 3.4v to give 11.5w but once the battery can no longer give 3.4v it then operates as a direct output device down to 2.8v. High wattage which is indicated by the first and last LED's flashing 3 times (which is 7.8w to 13.7w) limits the voltage output to 3.7v giving 13.7w until the battery can no longer give 3.7v it again then works as a direct output device down to 2.8v. The manufacturers specs which i have included does say the voltage output is 2.8v to 4.2v but i can only think that's what the battery gives before the YiHi chip kicks in. As usual the device has safety protections which are indicated by various flashes of the LED's.

Protections:

Low Voltage Protection
Short Circuit Protection
Over-Heat Protection
Low Resistance Protection

Battery Status and Charging Indication

The Aspect has very good battery status indication which again make use of the 4 LED's above the fire button. While vaping if all 4 LED's light up the battery is between 75% and 100%, when 3 light up it's between 50% and 75%, when 2 light up it's between 25% and 50% and when only 1 light comes on the battery is less than 25%. After pressing the fire button to take a vape the indication light/lights stay on for 5 seconds giving you plenty of time to check the status.

The Aspect charges via the micro USB port on the side of the device and the device needs to be switched on to charge. While charging the little battery indicator light next to the port lights Red, once fully charged the light goes out. It takes nearly 2 hours to charge which is a bit sluggish and a con but it does support pass-through.

How It Vapes and Final Thoughts

I have cons for the Aspect but for a debut pod system it also has a lot of pros. The vape is really very flavoursome and really suits the tobacco flavour i am using, i also love the adjustable airflow. Yes you have to remove the pod to adjust and yes you need to use your nail and it's a bit fiddly but it gives great adjustability and as very few pod devices have any sort of adjustable airflow it's a big pro. I got from a cigarette like MTL draw right up to a restrictive lung hit, very restrictive but you can do it. The wattage settings are also a pro although they are only of benefit while the battery is relatively fresh as once it can't hit the voltage anymore it becomes direct output, once the battery is giving less than 3.4v both settings are giving the same wattage, but still nice to have the option with a freshly charged battery. They really should of supplied a needle nose bottle with the kit as the fill port is small, and although i said the mouthpiece is comfortable when trying with the pod out the device, this is another con. When vaping only the very top section of the pod sticks out the top of the frame and when vaping your lips rub against the top edge of the frame which is a bit uncomfortable. Going back to pros, i really like the fire button it has a nice feeling click but it's silent, very nice! It fires instantly and i mean instantly, even when giving quick clicks to change modes or turn off the device you can hear it firing. The battery life is very good whatever anybody says about pod devices and their puny batteries, even with the device reducing voltage which will help with life it seems better than the 750mAh given in the specs, it does take about 2 hours to charge though which is sluggish but supports pass-through. The last thing to mention is the PCB has a liquid protection coating so will be fine if e-liquid gets into the device.

Different looking
Very sturdy build quality
Nice colours and finishes
Stunning looking panels (in my opinion) just look out of place
Pod fits securely
2ml capacity
Good visibility of juice level
YiHi SXK1 Chip
Fires instantly!
Silent yet clicky fire button
Adjustable airflow
Cigarette MTL type draw right up to very restrictive lung hit
2 wattage modes
Constant output to wattage setting chosen while battery can still give the required voltage
Very good battery status indication
Physical fire button, device can be turned off
Multiple protections
Very good battery life (relative to pod system)
PCB has liquid protection coating

Dislikes

Not sure about it aesthetically (objective)
Fill port very small
should of come with included needle nose bottle
Top of frame rubs against lips when vaping
Only one pod included
Nearly 2 hours to charge

I would once again like to thank Sherilyn from Pioneer4You for supplying the iPV Aspect Pod System for the purpose of this review.

IPV ASPECT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread