Pizza Dave Delivers - An RDA Review - The Mjolnir by Cthulhu and Anthony Vapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the Mjolnir rda by Cthulhu and Anthony Vapes. This is one of the first collaborations I have seen between a company and a written reviewer and rather than giving him design options and stamping his name on it, this one sounds to be completely designed by Anthony himself which is cool to see. The Mjolnir is a 24mm, single coil rda, which utilizes a unique side air flow system that comes in the sides, heads down, and up into the coil. It has quite a bit of innovation, so let’s dive it, see how it vapes, and as always, I will see you down at the bottom for my final thoughts.

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Cthulhu for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Mjolnir RDA w/ resin 810 drip tip
  • 1 Clear 510 drip tip
  • 1 Clear 510 drip tip adapter
  • Spare o rings and screws
  • 1 Hex Key
  • 1 Screwdriver
  • 1 Manual

Available in Black and Stainless Steel

STOCK SHOT
zNZxscU.jpg

PACKAGING
ceZiim4.jpg

UNBOXED
gM0A2Sf.jpg

BUILD DECK AND WICKING

The deck on the Mjolnir RDA is designed for a single coil only. It features a slotted side post system, so the coils are slid in from the ends and then tightened down. I wish they would have made this with 4 post holes, so it would be a bit more flexible with how people wrap their coils, but conveniently enough, the way I wrap my coils matches up with this perfectly. It is ideal to place the coil with very small space below the coil, which is what I did every time I built this.

Since the deck on this is so high, it relies heavily on wicking to keep it saturated, however, wicking on this is not too complicated. Install the cotton, feather it out slightly, and snip it long enough to just about touch the bottom of the massively deep juice well. There you have it.

AIR FLOW

The deck incorporates one of the more unique air flow systems I have ever seen. I included a pic that they created in the gallery to show exactly what it does. Essentially, the side air flow comes in and angles down at two different angles. They converge in the middle and are directed up into the coil. It designed with an opening on the bottom so when you are dripping into the top the liquid hits the coil, runs past, into the air flow, and down into the juice well. It works well, and I never had issues with liquid coming out the air flow unless I over dripped or overs quonked excessively (it holds a ton of liquid in the juice well, I am assuming 1.5ml with cotton in place?) Now let’s talk about how this air flow feels. It is a little bit restricted, but surprisingly smooth. It directs the air right where it needs to go and is easily adjusted with the top cap. As an added bonus, the top cap is slotted so it locks enough to aid in rda removal, but it also has open and closed stops for adjustment. Since the juice well is so deep, I found myself closing the air flow off when I wasn’t using it to help prevent a potential leak out the air flow if it tipped over.

HOW IT VAPES

Amazing. Simple as that. The vape that this provides is packed with flavor. It is easily one of the top rdas I have tried to date for flavor production. The chamber is small, and the coil is high. This combined with a bottom air flow past the coil makes this an absolute dream to vape. It outperforms dual coil rdas, all while being run at 60w, so that’s saying something.

PHOTO GALLERY

KsQYSDJ.jpg

K6VLET5.jpg

qMp1lLv.jpg

tOw4DMR.jpg

44duAM8.jpg

JVo0YW5.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

This is one of those rdas that has had zero hype. It is made by a company that is very hit and miss on their products, yet they nailed it with this one. This rda works as a dripping atomizer and a squonking atomizer, so they get a pro for that. The deck is easy to build on and it is simple to wick, the only con I found is what I mentioned above regarding the posts. I think it would have been neat to see an option for people who wrap their coils the other way. Another obvious pro on this is flavor. It is amazing in that department. An odd pro I don’t give out often is for the drip tip. The resin one that is included has very thick sides, so it reduces the chance of spit back and also backs off the air flow a bit for a hair better flavor compared to something wider open. The only con that bugged me on this had to do with the massive juice well. It holds so much, that if it tips over, it makes a mess. Sure, this is a con within a pro, as it’s great to have that kind of capacity, but I am one that hates messes with e-liquid, so I had to point that out. A nitpicky con is the styling of the top cap. I like that it has no crazy logos and looks high end, but the design also looks very dated. If this sat next to an RDA from 5 years ago, you wouldn’t be able to tell which is the new one. Small, nitpicky con there. I think it is obvious right now that I can recommend this to anyone who loves flavor chasing. The innovative air flow system and flavor this provides makes this one of the best rdas I have tried this year. I must give Anthony a shout out here for his design, great work man!

OVEN TEST

If this were to accidentally go into the pizza oven would I go out and get another? YES. An easy YES.

PROS

• Flavor chucking amazingness
  • Easy to build
  • Easy to wick
  • Massive juice well
  • Affordable price
  • Great drip tip options and great included resin tip

CONS

• The deep juice well can also lead to leaking chances if it tips over
  • Styling looks very 2014

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Cthulhu for sending it my way for review! I hit the google machine and am seeing this start to pop up for about $30.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Great review bud!

Looks like we have the same problem when viewing pics via tapatalk on the ECF, pics don't show up. Not sure why, they show up 9n all the other forums via tapatalk.

Love this RDA so much I bought the black which hopefully shows up this week. Been rocking it on my mechs as that reservoir lasts for a good 30 to 35 draws.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
6ec3295ceebb76fcffb83aac08c3dfd8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread