Pizza Dave Reviews - The Vcigo K3 Kit by Sigelei

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s vape reviews. Today I will be going over everything you need to know about the sigelei Vcigo K3 kit. This device was sent to me by sigelei for review.

m6FDbro.jpg

INTRODUCTION

The Vcigo K3 is one of the latest releases by the company Sigelei. It features some of the familiar Sigelei touches in a lightweight frame that feels great in hand is highly portable. I will dive down into how it works, and let you know if I recommend this down at the bottom.

WHAT YOU GET

- 1 Vcigo K3 Mod

- 1 USB Cable

- 1 User Manual,

- 1 Warranty card

- O9 Sub ohm tank

- Spare O rings

- 2 SM2 .4 Ohm Coils

- Available colors include Red, Blue, Gray, and Green.

c8aBkWH.jpg

FEATURES

Sigelei has been pumping out quite a few mods lately, but when I saw this mod pop online a couple of months back, it stood out to me. However, I had no idea that it was going to be a lightweight plastic bodied device. Some may find this a cheap move, but it does have several advantages. The rubberized plastic feels great in hand, and it regulates temperature very well. It never gets too hot, or feels too cold, and while some may find the plastic a con, I give them a win with it. This mod has a maximum power of 150w, and runs off two 18650 batteries, and runs a chipset that many are familiar with. It isn’t jam packed with features, but its beauty is in its simplicity.

OPERATION

As stated amongst the features, the K3 features a chipset that has been used time and time again by Sigelei. By today’s standards this is a dated display, but it has proven to be simple to use and easy to read all of the information needed. If you have handled one of the older devices, you know what to expect. It shows wattage (or temp), resistance, amps, volts on battery, and volts applied to the coil.

Operation and menu systems are as follows:

- 5 clicks on, 5 clicks off

- 3 clicks enters the operations menu where you can select power or temp control modes

- Press fire and the up button will enter the preheat menu

- Press up and down buttons together and it will enter resistance setting for temp control

- No locking function for firing the mod. Have to power down for that.

HOW IT VAPES

This has a max power of 150w, so that may limit its use for some people, but for me, vaping at 70w was just as good as any other device I have used lately. The preheat function helps ramp up larger coils, and is a good wattage mode device for people who don’t need triple digit power. I don’t think it hits quite as hard as stated on the screen, but it doesn’t “feel” far off. I attempted to run temperature control a bit on this, and like older Sigelei mods, it’s just wonky. It pulses power in a weird way and never has control. This is a wattage only device in my opinion. As an extension to how it vapes, I will discuss in short the O9 sub ohm tank that comes with this kit.

The O9 tank looks great on top of this mod, but that’s about where the enjoyment ends. This tank features a plastic proprietary top cap that threads into the chimney. The coils are baby beast style, but the design requires the entire glass section to be removed for coil swaps. In addition to that, the air flow is not adjustable. Not a huge con for man, but it is almost expected now a days to have some adjustment there. In short, this tank is not very good. The flavor is meh, and the cons outweigh the pros.

Tank Pros

- Matchy Matchy to the mod

- Uses baby beast coils which are available everywhere

Tank Cons

- Proprietary tip is plastic and is subject to cross threading during the frequent refills

- Small liquid capacity (just 2mL)

- Coils can only be changed by disassembling entire tank

- Flavor is very muted

- Coil life is worst than any other baby beast style coil I have tried

Nice and big for filling, but I don't dig the delrin top cap

zKSTarN.jpg

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

With Blitzen 24 on top

G6dedTK.jpg

Pictured next to Minkin V2

GnETHav.jpg

fbidMLr.jpg

Battery door

71TDfzX.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

The Sigelei Vcigo K3 is a nice entry level vaping device. It feels great in hand, and has nice styling in my opinion. The rubberized plastic feels great in hand and also feels solid. The battery door is held firmly in place by magnets, and has zero rattle from buttons or internals. The O9 tank is a waste of packaging with this device. I used this mod almost exclusively with an rta on it because it was not a satisfying vape at all and the coils were crap in no time. I enjoy using this mod, and can recommend it for a vapor on a budget.

PROS

- Lightweight

- Rubberized coating has great feel

- Overall feel in hand is solid

- Great battery door

- Simple to operate

- No rattles

CONS

- May feel cheap to some

- O9 Tank is garbage

- Nothing too flashy about it

- Up and down buttons feel “backwards” as compared to screen orientation

- Temperature control doesn’t work….. yet it is highly advertised regarding the device

Thank you everyone for reading my review, and thank you to Sigelei/Snowwolf for sending it my way! If this device seems like something you want to try out, I have attached links to where it can be purchased.

Sigelei store - $56.99

http://store.sigelei.com/Vcigo-K3-Kit

Vapor DNA - $39.99 for just the mod

https://www.vapordna.com/Sigelei-VCigo-K3-150W-TC-Box-Mod-p/svk3bm.htm

gcSxHgm.jpg

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread