please help me figure this out

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannbrad

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
usa
hello to all... a wealth of info here!!!! ok here I go... been vapeing for two years now with my joyetech ego 650 battery my joyetech atomizer and my little dinky cartridge that fits in atomizer. vapor production good and throat hit excellent!! just needed something that would hold more juice. so thought I would try some new stuff. so ordered a ego twist battery, evod clearamizors and ce4 clearomizers from fasttech. love the twist battery!! how ever both clearomizers are horrible!!!!!!! using the same juice that I get great throat hits with my joyetech atomizers, I get zero throat hit with these two clearomizers. Lots of vapor, but noooo throat hit. Are these clearomizers just fasttech junk? are the vision products a lot better and will I get the throat hit?? Thought about trying the protanks or carto tanks but im kinda turned off of these tank systems now. Not sure what to do. I need a something that will give me the throat hit like my old trusty joyetech atty but will also hold a fair amount of juice. im not looking to get into rba or large mods at this time. Thanks soo much for your help on this problem of mine!!!! im starting to get a little discouraged now. thanks again

grayscale

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
DFW
Tell us a little more about the tank you are using now. Is it a cartotank? The two you purchased are a bottom coil clearomizer (also bcc, the evod one) and the ce4 is a top coil. I'm a bottom coil person myself, but I don't notice the "cooler" vape as much as others might, so the better TH and vapor volume from the bottom coils is good for me.
Haven't tried any clones or knockoffs but I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for". Although 1 out of 5 evod clones may perform like a real Kanger Evod, it's not enough to justify it for me. I'll stick with the Kanger Protanks or a Smok Tech Tumbler - which is a good suggestion for throat hit. The Tumbler is kind of an odd tank and nothing about it says that it should produce a better TH than other bcc's, but it just does.

Last edited:

grayscale

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
DFW
Like this?

SmokTek-CartoTank3_wm.jpg

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
I can't give you any advice since I'm not familiar with separate atomizers and cartridges. But I can say that many juices taste dramatically different on different systems. I use top-coil clearos and my favorite juices taste good on them (obviously). But I've noticed that my favorites don't taste nearly as good (to me) in cartos or bottom-coils.

The makeup of the juice also makes a difference. Hi VG juices are thicker and don't 'wick' as well.

It seems that the most obvious thing for you to try would be cartomizers (that's where the atomizer and the cartridge are combined into one unit). Try several different manufacturers - I understand that different ones have differences in the filler. If you find one you like, maybe investigate a tank system (the cartomizer goes inside the tank).

Good luck with whatever you try.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
Not many people here in ECF that are still using cartridges :) I stopped using the cartridges years ago, but I do still prefer to drip with the 510 attys. :)

Honestly, I've never found any cartomizer that gives the same throat hit as the 510 atty. I do think the top coil clearomizers are a better choice if you are trying to get closer to what you are used to. The Smoktech Vivi Nova using the 1.8 ohm would be my recommendation to try. Good Luck :)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I agree with Barbara. Cartomizers perform a lot better than clearos for me. More of everything, TH, vapor and flavor. They do make juice taste different though. Some people say they taste plastic from the fill, but I've never bought that. I did plastic molding for a bunch of years and I've smelled a lot of different molten plastics and none smell anything like what cartos do to taste.

In any case, they're cheap and if you like them you can put them in tanks so you don't have to fill so often. Baditude has a great blog on carto tank setup here. Just use the carto info from there and you'll at least do that right :thumb:

You'll need low resistance cartos for your battery (I'm assuming it's not VV). Something like this would be great I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread