Please recommend a tank for my MVP 2.0.....thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, just bought the[h=1]innokin iTaste MVP 2.0

I am not sure what sort of tank or clearomizer or atomizer or whatever it takes to put the liquid in. I want to avoid a bad/burnt/nasty taste at all costs! That is my main concern.
[/h]
Also, people talk about replacing coils. Good Lord....how do I do that and when? :?:

Please advise. Going to bed right now, gotta work in the morning, but I will check for answers in the AM. Good night all and thanks so much for all of your help and great advice!

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
I always have my Protank 2 on my MVP, though several work well on it, including the mini version. It's a pyrex tank, so any juice can go in it without the worry of the tank cracking. Some flavors can cause plastic tanks to crack. The coils are super easy to change. I change mine out when the flavor starts getting murky or burnt. If you like sweet or dark juices (like I do), eventually it'll get gunky or burnt, it's just part of it.

You can watch Youtube videos to help you with changing a coil, cleaning a coil or even someday rebuilding a coil. It's really very simple. I'm 45, female, not tool or tech savvy at all and I'm rebuilding. I'm enjoying the process of vaping entirely.

For now, just changing one is really easy and relatively cheap. Good luck to you!

coalyard

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Rome, NY, USA
ProTank 2 is a good choice, just pay attention, and read up on how it works. I believe the MVP2 comes with an Iclear 30, which is good, but the 30s is much better, IMHO.

You will find lots of love and hate for both of these clearos on the boards, but the key is to take it all in and learn from your own experience. Good luck.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
OK, just bought the[h=1]Innokin iTaste MVP 2.0

I am not sure what sort of tank or clearomizer or atomizer or whatever it takes to put the liquid in. I want to avoid a bad/burnt/nasty taste at all costs! That is my main concern.
[/h]
Also, people talk about replacing coils. Good Lord....how do I do that and when?

Your MVP should have came with either 2 iClear 16 clearomizers or 1 iClear 30 clearomizer. Go to YouTube and type in their search function whichever tank you got in addition to "coil replacement" for a demo on how to replace the coil heads.

The coil heads should last 1 - 3 weeks. You'll know when to replace them when the flavor becomes muted or burnt, or vapor production drops off. Replacement coil heads should be available wherever you bought your MVP; or any online vendor sells them for $2 - 3 each.

Mutescream

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Florida, USA
To answer this question effectively, we'd need to know what you intend on vaping in it. Things with acidity, such as cinnamon and citrus flavors crack tanks. Heavy VG juices may cause difficulty for cartos.

If you have iclear16's with it, they should do fine. The iclear30 might look odd on it, but should function well, too. If you want something that looks like it belongs with the mvp, I recommend the iclear10, which looks like it was made specifically to go with a box mod (I don't know why they don't just include these with them).

If you decide to go with a glass tank, I would caution on the protank (or any kanger bottom feeder), as in my experience they are a bit weak in flavor transfer.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
My first MVP is arriving today. I have purchased it for something more pocket friendly for the summer (No Coat pockets) use. Therefore I am looking for a small tank. 1-2ml max space in tank. I wish to keep the size small. Anyone have a recommendation for a good quality small tank?

MysticalNyte

Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Maine, United States
My first MVP is arriving today. I have purchased it for something more pocket friendly for the summer (No Coat pockets) use. Therefore I am looking for a small tank. 1-2ml max space in tank. I wish to keep the size small. Anyone have a recommendation for a good quality small tank?

I'd go for the ProTank Mini. I believe it holds 1.5 ml of liquid.

And I just ordered the Frost Energy MVP 2.0 and hope it looks good with my ProTank 3 on it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread