smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Is the link you wanted to, but couldn't, post here? BTW, others, the 'Source Link'
    on that page leads to this thread.
    PMTA Blog on Black Notes
    Seems to be an ape site. @SKYYcamel is there.
    IMG_1337.PNG
    IMG_1336.PNG

BigPappa

Ultra Member
    Sep 21, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    Is the link you wanted to, but couldn't, post here? BTW, others, the 'Source Link'
    on that page leads to this thread.
    PMTA Blog on Black Notes
    Well clicking on that thread (and this one) certainly was a complete waste of time... smh

WTH was the point of all of this? Trolling?

BigPappa

Ultra Member
    Sep 21, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    Reactions: stols001

mrdfield

ECF Veteran
    Oct 21, 2013
    Mass
    I am sorry if I confused people ,I was just trying to share some information The blog was about Black Note E liquid stating that they believe they will still be supplying their products after May 2020 again I apologize for incorrectly posting I would have shared a link but I don’t know how I have learned a lot from these forums and was just trying to give back Hope all have a nice day

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2013
    Quote 1 from Black Note Successfully Registers All of Its E-Liquids With the FDA - Black Note
    "The only viable alternative is the PMTA approach. This isn’t ideal. Not only is the estimated cost of each application $1.3 million, it isn’t a process that was ever really intended to be successfully navigated. Among many other requirements, companies have to show that “permitting this product to be marketed would be appropriate for the protection of the public health.”" End quote.

Quote 2 from What is a PMTA? A Simple Explanation of How It Will Affect Vapers - Black Note
    "It’s estimated that each PMTA will cost $117,000 to $466,000. That is for every product you want to keep on the market, including different e-juice flavors and nicotine levels. For many businesses, this is an insurmountable hurdle and they will undoubtedly have to close up shop. The actual cost might also be even higher than this, depending on the amount of original research and analysis is needed to support the application". End quote.

One point three million !, hundred and seventeen thousand !, four hundred and sixty six thousand !.

I realise there "is" a cost for each application. But ever since this has been an issue i've read many different estimates. The only people who know the real cost are those who apply.

Just seems to me that these "estimates" are total crap !. And in reality it probably costs a few hundred per app, if that !.

Unless Black Notes has actually just paid out say for 100 apps one hundred million dollars. Or two hundred apps, it goes on !. Imagine a thousand apps, that's a billion dollars !. :lol:

Who's going to believe that one app for one e liquid is going to cost 1.3 million or hundreds / tens of thousands.

These estimates are an insult to the reader. Why can't these vendors just be honest for once.

Work it out for yourself, it's ridiculous.

Last edited:

BigPappa

Ultra Member
    Sep 21, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    Quote 1 from Black Note Successfully Registers All of Its E-Liquids With the FDA - Black Note
    "The only viable alternative is the PMTA approach. This isn’t ideal. Not only is the estimated cost of each application $1.3 million, it isn’t a process that was ever really intended to be successfully navigated. Among many other requirements, companies have to show that “permitting this product to be marketed would be appropriate for the protection of the public health.”"

Quote 2 from What is a PMTA? A Simple Explanation of How It Will Affect Vapers - Black Note
    It’s estimated that each PMTA will cost $117,000 to $466,000. That is for every product you want to keep on the market, including different e-juice flavors and nicotine levels. For many businesses, this is an insurmountable hurdle and they will undoubtedly have to close up shop. The actual cost might also be even higher than this, depending on the amount of original research and analysis is needed to support the application.

One point three million !, hundred and seventeen thousand !, four hundred and sixty six thousand !.

I realise there "is" a cost for each application. But ever since this has been an issue i've read many different estimates. The only people who know the real cost is those who apply.

Just seems to me that these "estimates" are total crap !. And in reality it probably costs a few hundred per app, if that !.

Unless Black Notes has actually just paid out say for 100 apps one hundred million dollars. Or two hundred apps, it goes on !.

Who's going to believe that one app for one e liquid is going to cost 1.3 million or hundreds / tens of thousands.

These estimates are an insult to the reader. Why can't these vendors just be honest for once.

Work it out for yourself, it's ridiculous.
    The estimate from Quote #2 is directly from the FDA as they were using that figure of 117k to 466k to downplay other higher estimates.

They are not in the hundred dollar range (or even the 10's of thousands range). Lmao... If that were the case, everyone would be getting them. Lol

Last edited:

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2013
    The estimate from Quote #2 is directly from the FDA as they were using that figure of 117k to 466k to downplay other higher estimates.

So do you believe black notes has just paid out hundreds of millions :lol::lol::lol: for their PMTA ?. We are talking about an e liquid vendor, an independent e liquid vendor !. It's a joke !.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2013
    Also, consider the possibility that a lot of apps from a lot of vendors, b & m and online, have been rejected for various unknown reasons, but have probably told everybody they simply cannot afford the costs of the PMTA, when really they were running a shoddy outfit but don't want anyone to know that............right !?.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread