Poldiac Question, very frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titan2043

Jun 13, 2013
Newport Beach CA
Got home this evening and my new Poldiac 18350 was waiting for me, got her all polished up and went to toss an atty on there and lo and behold, i cant get anything to thread, nothing, at all. Its standard 510 threading, so whats the deal, no nimbus in my collection, my helios, not even my kayfun. So anybody have some insight into this? thanks! Any help is much appreciated.
-Titan 2043

MattyB1503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
OC, CA
wooooohff, we went over this in the Polciac Fan Club thread recently. Turned into a very heated discussion.

I would venture a guess that it is not the Poldiac; however, Jim's 510 threads are of very tight tolerance. Even one thousandths of an inch interference can cause binding.

510 thread spec is 7 x .5mm. Personally, I would pass a die over the atty(s) threads, or if you have an atty that will thread I might try Tonytiger1's push pull method.

Titan2043

Jun 13, 2013
Newport Beach CA
wooooohff, we went over this in the Polciac Fan Club thread recently. Turned into a very heated discussion.

I would venture a guess that it is not the Poldiac; however, Jim's 510 threads are of very tight tolerance. Even one thousandths of an inch interference can cause binding.

510 thread spec is 7 x .5mm. Personally, I would pass a die over the atty(s) threads, or if you have an atty that will thread I might try Tonytiger1's push pull method.

Dag yo. Woke up had my own idea, read your post and came to a funky conclusion. The 510 connector on the poldiac was dirty, not the post but the threads or there was something in there that shouldnt be that was a non dirt foreign body. I dont have a camera that is capable of showing you what i found but it was the tiniest burr, sooo tiny in the threads. So i took a die, some mothers polish and tapped the threads. now it works and im stoked to be putting a battery in it. I just need a something that isnt a nimbus, trident or helios to put on the there lol. Thanks man for the advice.

-Titan2043

MattyB1503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
OC, CA
Word brotha, prob should have mentioned to make sure the threads on the Poldi are clean, hahahah.

Congrats, the Poldi is one of the GHardest hitting mods out there. I've heard that it even hits harder in bottom button mode! Well, feel free to PM if you have any more issues with it. Or just PM on CaliVapers (MattyB) when their server is back online. I'm at Vapor Loft at least once a week.

As far as topper, looks like you for plenty of drippers. I think the Short DID looks ridiculously good on a 350 Poldi. Watch out for the Trident, mine scratched the plating on Poldi's contact.

Enjoy your new mod man, it's a beautiful piece.

Titan2043

Jun 13, 2013
Newport Beach CA
The DID and Short DID are on my list next paycheck for sure, thing is, im kind of wary of the genesis attys simply because of leakage, Im a limo driver, cant have that :) I dont want another dripper though, have a bunch and cant see having another unless its the newest craziest stuff ever (which is like twice a week) Id rather have a penelope (which is discontinued) and im thinking about trading for one or two used ones at this point but the build is difficult on those. Kayfun Lite crossed my mind and would compliment my nemesis with a kayfun on it as well. IDK im stumped like forrest gump.

MattyB1503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
OC, CA
Hahah, yup. Im in the same boat; looking for a daily driver that wont leak. I would love a kayfun or K lite but my vape buget is gone for a while, poss a trade.. idk. Have you seen those mod holders that fit into a cup holder? I have yet to pick one up they seem like they might help me keep both hands on the wheel, sometimes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread