Poll: What is your preferred disposable atomizer?

Which style of atomizer is the definitive best atomizer ever created?

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hippieben

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2012
Sarasota, FL
For those who drip using disposable atomizers, what is your preferred atty? Also, tell me a little bit about why. The poll is only going to contain options for atty types (510, 901, etc), but obviously within these different types there are different "brands" that have subtle differences that are important to the individual dripper.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

306 is close to a 510 but putting a drip tip on it is fail.
901 doesn't have enough throat hit.
801 is just kinda blah.

But then again, any atomizer with the same ohms is probably the same as any other.
So maybe the question should be what ohms do you like on your atomizers?

Just a thinking out loud thought.

hippieben

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2012
Sarasota, FL
I use 306 exclusively and the drip tips (shorty delrin... I don't like the acrylic) I have gotten from Avid Vapor... work fine. 306 drip tips I have gotten from other manufacturers, not so much.

I use the avid vaper drip tips as well, I always fine that once the atty gets juiced up they slip off far too easily. I've taken to wrapping foil around the base of my 306s. I'm curious to try the universal drip tip (whether I actually buy one or not remains to be seen). Do the universal drip tips work with drip shields?

Zaratoughda

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
NE Pennsylvania
I use the avid vaper drip tips as well, I always fine that once the atty gets juiced up they slip off far too easily. I've taken to wrapping foil around the base of my 306s. I'm curious to try the universal drip tip (whether I actually buy one or not remains to be seen). Do the universal drip tips work with drip shields?

Interesting post, Hippieben!

I use the shorty Delrin tips because that is what works best for me. I tried the acrylic drip tips that AV also sells, but it seems that, the Delrin's hold the heat better. In other words, after a few puffs with the delrins, the vape takes off while with the acrylics (which are otherwise nice with different colors and being clear), the vape just stays the same as when I started.

I also tried the longer delrins... and yeah, you can use a drip shield with them which you can't with the shortys, but it seemed that was the only advantage. I got a drip shield from AV just to try one and... didn't feel it was what I wanted. I also tried the aluminum 306 dt from them and, that thing was HUGE... what went into you mouth was bigger than 510. I also tried the 306 dt from empiremods but, it was a lot cheaper than AV but was of inferior quality.

Empiremods sells the universal dt... which will work on a 306 and then you can then use the humongous number of 510 dts that are available. Not sure if I ever picked up one of these or not.

Originally I had a problem with the AV DTs where they would get too loose... and what I would do is put a small piece of clear plastic around the base and put the atty over that and that would fix the problem. But, I think I was using Joye atties back than and since I switched over to the cisco and empiremod 306 atties... the problem went away.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
For those who drip using disposable atomizers, what is your preferred atty? Also, tell me a little bit about why. The poll is only going to contain options for atty types (510, 901, etc), but obviously within these different types there are different "brands" that have subtle differences that are important to the individual dripper.

My favorite disposable is the last one I dropped and broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread