Status
Not open for further replies.

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
Why am I getting this pop up in this review thread?

Eleaf iJust 3 Kit with Ello Duro 6.5ml tank

upload_2018-4-10_11-31-5.png

Reactions: smacuser

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It's a sitewide competition that the owner has done before with various vendors (most recently Innoken). There should be an X in the upper right hand side that you can click to make it go away.

Due to the site's "high disgust level" (to put it mildly) with floating pop ups that need to be x'd out all the time, it will probably only appear a couple times as you X it out, so if you want to participate in the givaway, open it and it will give you instructions on how to proceed, otherwise just X it out the first few times you see it, and it should stop stalking you, asking you about your mods, telling you look fat in those pants, and etc.

Good luck!

Anna

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Well it seems the administrators really do not understand how much people hate those #^%$#$&^ popup windows. I mean really, look at how many popup blockers are out there, if people did not mind popups, why make a popup blocker. I feel you are going to run away more veteran's than you will pull in Noob's. Just do it like you use to and create a global thread that is at the top of the pages. :facepalm:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I WILL be dropping my supporting membership when it expires, if they need money to run the site, then they can get it from all the popup ad's they are running. :-x

Totally agree and I would hope other supporting members would follow suit. I quit long ago. Hate the fact that the code picks up that your signing off.... which is why I'll see the popup one more time right now :)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
It will take much more than a minor inconvenience to make me drop my supporting membership.

Without getting into details, that was the case with me. But that then tends to 'highlight' some of the more minor cases where the site doesn't care how some of their actions affect their members and supporting members.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
They can't please us all.

Actually they can. As I pointed out in other threads here, they have the code that excludes all who have clicked on it or x'd it out. All the 'political ads - "Contact your congressman for the pending xxx" never are revisited once you click on it. So it isn't a 'technical thing'. This is either a lazy thing or new techs that don't know how to do it. OR it is a Skinner box thing. :)

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I see them twice a day for maybe 2 seconds before I hit the X. I never bad the forums either way both have pros and cons, I support both.
no other forum/site on the planet makes you x out of the same popup twice a day, every day. once you dismiss it once it should be dismissed forever, and I believe that is what @Oliver said the last time he/they did this for the last contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread