pre built RDA coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

boogyfudge

Aug 19, 2017
hi guys, well i use RDA's and i use the prebuilt coils for it , what i find that there is a box of 48 coils of different builds that might cost from 15- 20 dollars or maybe less , and i find that there is a builder that sells the pack of 2 coils with the price of like 10-15 dollars , so all i need to know why the builders coils are much more expensive due to quantity of coils does the life of the coils is different , is the taste better , because i wouldn't pay 15 dollar in pack of 2 coils that would last me 3 or 4 days like a regular 1 dollar coil , and last but not least if i want to build my own coils , if i want a low ohm should the warps be more or less lets say i want a dual coil to make 0.13 or 0.15 ohm how many wraps should i warp each coil ?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The life of the coils is usually different, and that would depend on instillation, wicking and quality of the premade coils you like, (as well as coil material) but RTA or RDA coils usually last longer, and some folks get months out of their coils. Some coil materials cannot be dryburned and need to be cleaned, but it depends on the coil material.

Many premade coils are machine wrapped and may have slight variances and different tolerances than handmade coils, which, if you are looking for exotic builds and wires, that is the reason for the increased cost.

Wrapping your own coils is probably the most cost effective, and there are some really good coilbuilders on this forum who can coach you.

How many wraps you'll need will depend on many factors. You can start by playing around with steam-engine-org, to figure out what wire you have, what diameter coil you want, and how many wraps you will need to achieve a good estimate of what you will end up with.

It's probably time for a visit to this forum as well: Lots of helpful folks and useful pinned threads:
Coil building

I find that I enjoy simple, single coil builds, but I have a fine motor tremor, there is no way I am likely to get all fancy.

Good luck,

Anna

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I bought my clapton from geekvape (Ni80 Fused claptons i believe), and those lasts for months at a time, i'll probably empty my pack of cotton before i change those coils. Anna is right though there's no cheaper option than getting a roll of wire and doing it yourself. I have no time or will to make claptons so i buy them premade (8 coils for about 8-9$ CAD) it's still cheaper than drop in coils and lasts much much longer.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
hi guys, well i use RDA's and i use the prebuilt coils for it , what i find that there is a box of 48 coils of different builds that might cost from 15- 20 dollars or maybe less , and i find that there is a builder that sells the pack of 2 coils with the price of like 10-15 dollars , so all i need to know why the builders coils are much more expensive due to quantity of coils does the life of the coils is different , is the taste better , because i wouldn't pay 15 dollar in pack of 2 coils that would last me 3 or 4 days like a regular 1 dollar coil , and last but not least if i want to build my own coils , if i want a low ohm should the warps be more or less lets say i want a dual coil to make 0.13 or 0.15 ohm how many wraps should i warp each coil ?

I guess it all gets down to Supply and Demand.

If there is Someone who is willing to Fork Over a Fist Full of Dollars for a pair of Coils, I'm sure there will Always be a Seller to sell them.

BTW - I know an Owner of a B&M who buys Coils like these in Bulk from FT...

$4.80 Authentic MKWS 316L Stainless Steel Pre-Coiled Wires for RBA Atomizers (8 Specs) - 6-pack/spec / fused clapton + tiger + clapton + mix twisted + hive + quad + flat twisted + alien clapton coil at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

And then sells a Pair of them in His Shop for around $3.50. Not exactly Highway Robbery. But a Very Nice Profit Margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread