Prefered cleaning method for 510 atty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethkal

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
New Jersey
Can anyone give me step by step instructions on their way of best cleaning / rejuvenating a 510 atty.

Yesterday, worked amazing , easy to pull, great vapor ,great taste
Next day: atty almost seems like its failing, have to pull super hard, minimal vapor, almost burnt like taste

I'm not sure if cleaning it will solve my problem but its worth a try!
Ive heard good things about iso alch / boiling water / dry burn / baking soda and vinegar...

but its hard to find step by step instructions on how to do these things.
Please share your favorite method.

Thanks!

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Sounds like your juice is gunking up the atty quick. I vape coffee derivatives and they are bad for that, but I like coffee so I had to devise a method that kept the atty's alive longer. I have 5 or 6 atty's. Every night I take the atty off before I go to bed and I drop it into an vodka bath. When I get down to only one atty left I take the atty's that have been soaking out of their bath - blow them out and let them dry all day and overnight while I am using the last atty. The last atty, which I was using goes into the bath (small glass jar with a lid). I change the vodka when I change the atty's around. I have been doing this for about a month (maybe more) - the atty's are like new everyday - the only downfall is I have to prime them everyday as it is like you are starting with a new atty again and again and again. Do not know how long they will last yet, but they are doing fine so far.

There are you-tube videos on other cleaning methods if you want to check them out...

Newtkeeper

Dec 22, 2011
Addison, TX
I use everlcear to clean mine, I have a dropper bottle I use t. I run the everclear through it, blow it out and then burn off the excess by running on the battery for a few seconds til it is glowing. classwife's method might be more thorough, but I just take a couple minutes to clean it out. My attys have lasted me 2-3 months or so. I do the same with my cartomizers to get p;d flavprs pit pf them. Just have to rinse and dry a few more times before I put it on the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread