Premium Carto's at 6V ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebey29

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Winnsboro,LA
Is anyone else doing this? I have killed 2 cartos today. I havent dissected the cartos but im assuming the attie element has broke. They were RY4 and Dunhall, both with the Hard cap. I have 10 cartos open at a time, 2 each of 5 flavors. I take 5 drags then switch. Never had a problem with the oldies but i can say i have killed one of the old cartos in the same fashion. Should i just chalk this up to variance?

Read many modders posts about atties and such and i know the premiums have a lower ohm which of course offers lesser resistance and therefore more watts but in following some of the modders who have made their own atties this generally results in a longer life attie.

So in a way im saying these new premium cartos should last longer than the old ones, not less correct?

Last edited:

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Read many modders posts about atties and such and i know the premiums have a lower ohm which of course offers lesser resistance and therefore more watts but in following some of the modders who have made their own atties this generally results in a longer life attie.

So in a way im saying these new premium cartos should last longer than the old ones, not less correct?

See from what I've read on ohms and atties I think you got this backwards..at higher voltage a lower ohm atty would burn out faster than a higher one..because you get more wattage (heat) across the coil..
This is expressed as W(attage) = V2/Ohms
and the modders try and keep the wattage in the 8-10 range..but higher the wattage the faster they'll go pop..
So by lowering the resistange in the premium cartos what they're in essence doing is raising the wattage which kicks out more vapor (closer to using a regular carto on a 5V passthrough)
Or think of it more like this the premiums with a lower resistance would be the equivalent to a regular atty...and the older cartos with the higher resistance would be the equivalent to what's now being marketed as a HV atty..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread