Premium Red Cow Different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2010
Colorado
I had ordered a 30ml bottle of Premium Red Cow last month to try it out, and have to say it has really grown on me. I love the nice strong flavor, TH and vapor production. It has quickly become one of my main vapes.

Last week I found myself running low, so placed an order for two more bottles. The new juice is visibly lighter in color than the old, and the flavor is much different - almost bubble gum like to me. After vaping it now for a couple of days and comparing it with the old juice, I believe the new juice is either more diluted, or did not have enough flavoring added to begin with. Very strange and a bit disappointing, as the original qualities that had me hooked on this flavor are now missing.

You can see the color difference in this picture.

redcow.jpg

Now I do understand that juice cannot be returned/exchanged, and honestly this post is not about that. I am just looking for any ideas or comments as to why there would be such a big difference between the two batches. Perhaps a problem in production that should be pointed out? The original bottle is dated 1/28/10, and the new bottles are dated 3/29/10.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading and take care all.

Sherrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
Blackwater, Kentucky USA
Hello Toad! I had a somewhat similar issue with V4L's 555 juice. I got hooked on the non-premium version, but they sold out of that in the larger size bottles, so I bought a Premium 555 in the 30ml size. For me, the taste was very different, and I asked them about it. It's my understanding that the V4L juices are being produced in a new factory now and that they are still tinkering with some of the recipes to get things exactly right. To this point, they haven't been able to duplicate the older version of some of the juices, at least in the sense of the "classic" vs "premium" liquids. I would presume that your situation with Red Cow is a similar scenario. I'd recommend emailing V4L customer support and simply telling them of your concerns and questions. Their service is exceptional, and while I'm not sure they'll be able to do anything about your current liquid, I'm fairly certain they'll be able to address your concerns over future juice purchases. They are very big on keeping their customers happy, so they might do something about your current liquid, but I certainly can't say one way or the other.

toad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2010
Colorado
Hello Toad! I had a somewhat similar issue with V4L's 555 juice. I got hooked on the non-premium version, but they sold out of that in the larger size bottles, so I bought a Premium 555 in the 30ml size. For me, the taste was very different, and I asked them about it. It's my understanding that the V4L juices are being produced in a new factory now and that they are still tinkering with some of the recipes to get things exactly right. To this point, they haven't been able to duplicate the older version of some of the juices, at least in the sense of the "classic" vs "premium" liquids. I would presume that your situation with Red Cow is a similar scenario. I'd recommend emailing V4L customer support and simply telling them of your concerns and questions. Their service is exceptional, and while I'm not sure they'll be able to do anything about your current liquid, I'm fairly certain they'll be able to address your concerns over future juice purchases. They are very big on keeping their customers happy, so they might do something about your current liquid, but I certainly can't say one way or the other.

Hi Sherrick! I have been reading about the differences between the old non premium and new premium juices, but am not sure this would fall into the same category.

Both old and new bottles are the same premium flavor, but manufactured 2 months apart. I suppose they could be tweaking the flavor, but really hope this is not the case.

...and don't worry about posting walls of text. I will still read it :)

toad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2010
Colorado
The only tweaking we have been doing is to get more vapor, and more robust flavor so we all enjoy the new juices and cartomizers better.:D

Steve:cool:

I have seen different colors of liquids come in the same batches, and have tasted them, cause it seems so strange. They tasted alike:lol:

Perhaps the age of the juice has something to do with it? The taste and smell between the old and new is definitely not the same. I have both here right now and had four fellow vaping friends confirm this morning. Kind of a blind vape test if you will lol.

It's not that the juice is bad - Just more bubble gum like and less red cow like for some reason. Very odd.

I am otherwise a big fan of the V4L products and do understand that taste is a very subjective thing. I just wanted to give some feedback based on my experience with this particular flavor. Thanks for reading.

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
Perhaps the age of the juice has something to do with it? The taste and smell between the old and new is definitely not the same. I have both here right now and had four fellow vaping friends confirm this morning. Kind of a blind vape test if you will lol.

It's not that the juice is bad - Just more bubble gum like and less red cow like for some reason. Very odd.

I am otherwise a big fan of the V4L products and do understand that taste is a very subjective thing. I just wanted to give some feedback based on my experience with this particular flavor.

Thank You

I use Red Cow myself, and have some from each batch for over a year, and to me, this is the best batch I have ever tasted to MY BUDS. We are working on over 100 flavors, and will continue to perfect getting everything, as close to perfect as possible.

Enjoy

Steve

Last edited:

the4thpower3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Virginia
I didn't care for the RedCow (18mg VG cartos) I got.

But that's not why I'm posting.

I'm posting just to say, this:
SMILIN said:
We are working on over 100 flavors, and will continue to perfect getting everything, as close to perfect as possible.
The only tweaking we have been doing is to get more vapor, and more robust flavor so we all enjoy the new juices and cartomizers better.

is why I love V4L!

Keep up the hard work to make us all happy :)
BTW. I've just been adding a couple drops of pure VG to make more vapor.

Darrigaaz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
New Mexico, USA
Nic also darkens as it is exposed to light. So being that the first bottle is 2 months older, it's quite possible that it's just been exposed to more light.

A couple months back, a bunch of posts popped up about cartos that tasted different when the labels were changed. It ended up being that the labels were a different color, but the juice was exactly the same. But because of the visual change, people were convinced that the juice somehow changed.

Taste is something that comes from all of our senses. It comes from feel (texture), sight (colors), smell (pinch your nose when eating and all taste goes away), and taste. Most likely because you see a difference in color, your brain is telling you that it has to taste different.

toad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2010
Colorado
I had thought about the age of the juice being the difference, and if it is, I will not know for sure until these new bottles sit for a couple more months.

However, it's not just the color of the juice that is different. You can clearly distinguish the difference by smell, not to mention taste. I might have questioned my taste buds on this, if i did not also have some of the old juice left to compare side by side.

I actually filled two like colored blank premium cartos - one with the new and one with the old, and then had some friends try them both without knowing which was which. All were able to notice the difference in flavor right away. One has a lot less flavor and kick than the other - and it's the new juice. I can tell that the Red Cow flavor is in there somewhere, but its very weak and not the same mix as before. I personally get a weak bubble gum flavor myself.

But in the end, this is of course my own opinion. Others may actually like it better, as Steve had mentioned. I just wanted to point out that this batch is different for whatever reason, and is no longer the flavor that I had become so fond of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread