Status
Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
On the hunt for a good prickly pear juice, or flavoring for diy. Any suggestions? I know it's an oddball flavor but I love Cactus Candy, what can I say.
For the DIY side of things: Inawera (INW) Cactus is the popular choice. It is quite potent. And, as a stand-alone mix; 2.5% seems to be a general(?) consensus.

In a solo mix, I find it to be a bit on the "bublegum-y" side of things. Adding a small(ish) amount of pear, or dragon fruit, helps to pull it back (for me) to a more realistic prickly pear. As usual; you would need to experiment, to see what works best for you.:)

INW Cactus is a more common flavor, and just bought any online retailer that carries the Inawera concentrates, will have the Cactus. Here is just one example:
INW Cactus

As a side note:
If you are a regular DIYer, INW Cactus can be a useful additive, to reduce "dryness" in some recipes. Used at 0.5-1.0%; it can add a bit of perceived "moistness" to a mix, without asserting much of its own flavor characteristics.
:D

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
Guess we all have different taste perceptions. I use INW Cactus a bit and find anything like 2% overwhelming.
I can still taste it a bit too much at just 1%. I can still taste it at .5% but it adds an extra flavour tone to my fruits. Sometimes I use just .25%. I don't get any perceived juiciness from it at any level, just more or less depending on how much I use, Cactus flavour. When I originally got it I did so because the idea of adding juiciness to my vaped sounded interesting. Alas, it just gave me the Cactus taste and nothing else.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
On the hunt for a good prickly pear juice, or flavoring for diy. Any suggestions? I know it's an oddball flavor but I love Cactus Candy, what can I say.

Inawera actually has a flavor called "Prickly Pear". I don't think it's widely available - I bought mine directly from Inawera.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
You're in luck, I just happened to see one of my favorite vendors advertisting a sale, and they make a really good Prickly Pear. TBD eliquids: Prickly Pear - TBD Liquids

I highly recommend their fruit flavors. They're pretty much the only made to order juice vendor I use anymore. They're other flavors are eh, okay. But their fruits are legit.

Not sure how long the sale lasts till, but email I just got said: Use Coupon Code - HOLIDAYSALE - During Checkout
30% Off All E-Liquid & Accessories
Buy One Get One 50% Off - On Any Of Our New Nic Salt Flavors
...And More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread