Pro mech2 vgod help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019
That’s a little low especially using something like quad core Clapton’s which probably take a bit of time to heat up on a mech mod. With a single 18650 most battery’s out there can handle 0.17 ohms Safely. If you don’t know ohms law you should play it safe and stay above 0.2 ohms because you are stressing your battery and if you want to push the limits you should at least know what you are doing.

There’s not really such thing as a higher watt battery there are battery’s that are rated for higher Amperage draw than others. Look for the CDR or amps on the batteries you buy. Then go to a ohms law calculator and type in how many volts your battery is putting out (4.2 to play it safe) then type in the ohms your build reads. That will give you the amount of wattage the build will give you plus the amps. If the amps are higher than the battery is rated for then you know to go with a higher ohm build. If not then you know you are in the safe zone.

How many amps is the battery rated for? Or does it have a Current discharge rate(CDR) anywhere on it or the package it came in

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Blitzdonlife

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
It's not that far off this rda is rated for 100 watts running 114 watts how bad could it be?

Pretty bad. I suppose you got the 114 watts by assuming that the battery's voltage is 3.7 v. 3.7 is the nominal voltage, where the cell spends much of its time. Its voltage when fully charged is actually 4.2 volts. That's one of the many facts you need to know to use a mech mod safely, which is why I recommended Baditude's blog to you earlier. In any case, what does the RDA's watt rating have to do with what your battery can safely deliver?

I expect you're wondering why your setup isn't working well. It's because you have too much metal in your coils, and a single 18650 can't provide enough power to heat it quickly. You'll get better performance from a simpler coil. If you increase its resistance, you'll also get the benefit of lowering your risk of blowing your face off.

Were you thinking that a mech should be higher powered and harder hitting than a regulated mod? It's a common mistake. It was true about five years ago, but it isn't now. It sounds like you'd have a better chance of getting what you're looking for with a multi-battery regulated mod.

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019
It's not that far off this rda is rated for 100 watts running 114 watts how bad could it be?
the RDA is rated for 100 watts? That doesn’t make sense. It’s all about what the battery’s limit is. .12 is way too low especially if you have to hold the button for a few seconds to get a good draw. Just putting more stress on the battery. Try using round wire that isn’t a fancy coil like a fused Clapton to get a build around .17 or 0.2. That will heat up quicker because of having less surface area. Bigger clouds than what you get now I bet. If you were using a 21700 battery with a 35 amp CDR then .12 would be the sweet spot . But with a single 18650 that’s just way too low

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019
You don’t have any safety in a mechanical mod to protect you from battery venting or Worse. You are stressing the battery big time with that build .

I think doing some more research would help you.

Also you don’t need a mech mod for big clouds now days. If you were using a regulated mod you could
Get big clouds without worrying about blowing your face off.

• Agree
Reactions: lupinehorror

Runegod750

Jan 3, 2020
See

Attachments

• 15780374657701323826845023543847.jpg
    15780374657701323826845023543847.jpg
    997.3 KB · Views: 26

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019
That just says do not use a sub ohm style tank rated for under 100 watts. You shouldn’t use a subohm style tank in a hybrid mech mod anyways. Only RTAs and RDAs with a protruding centre pin. Using Pre-made coil heads in a tank on a a hybrid mech mod is when most problems happen.

I’m guessing that note is on there just so you don’t fry a premade coil head putting it on a mod like that since the wattage can’t be adjusted like a regulated mod. It’s gonna be pushing 4.2 volts through the coil whether it likes it or not.

That in no way means that the RDA is rated for 100 watts. Like everyone else has said it’s all about what your battery is rated for. Use the ohms law calculator I posted and use 4.2 volts instead of 3.7. That’s how you figure out if the build is safe for your battery.

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019
I looked up the battery you have and it’s rated for a 30 amp continuous discharge rate. So you are at 35 which is just a little too much. 0.14 or 0.15 is the sweet spot.

Nothing too crazy but again It depends on the wire in the build you have, the amount etc. If you are holding the button down for 2-3 seconds each puff then you could cause the battery to overheat eventually. I wouldn’t be pushing the limits like you are until you get more familiar with mechanical mods and ohms law. But if your only holding the button down for a second or so each puff chances are you will be fine. Just keep an eye on how hot the battery gets since you are over the limit for your battery.

But I’d try wrapping your own coils with some NI80 wire . Simple wire in a single battery mech works the best in my opinion. Much bigger clouds and more battery life. Safer too.

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019
So is this safe with my build?

That’s only rated for 35 amp pulses. So if you pushed the button then let go right away you would probably be okay. But That’s a lower CDR rating than the other battery you have. See the fine print only says 20 amp CDR. You are better off with the ones you already have to
Be honest . They are rated for 30 amp CDR. You want the Current discharge rate to be in the safe zone. That’s why it’s important to read the whole battery. It says 35 amp but it’s actually only rated for 20 amp discharge rate. So unless you only press the button for Mabye a half second or so your build would
Be stressing that battery to no end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread