Not open for further replies.

man_with_a_problem

Nov 30, 2019
Hi, my daughter has the following setup, bought in February 2019:

Aspire SkyStar Revvo Kit
Extreme vaping 18650 3000mAh High Drain Battery x2
Coil Master KBag Mini
E-Cig USB to 3 Pin Plug Adapter

Everything used to work well. Now the vape will not charge. I have tested the charger and cable on another device and it works fine. However, the vape display does not light up when the charging cable is inserted and there is no indication that it is charging. The fire button does not work either.

Any ideas?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Hi. Silly question(s), but…

- does it work/power-up normally with batteries (i.e. not charging)
- do you have another charger or cable you can try?
- if you have a PC or mac, it may be possible to apply new firmware. It's also a way to see if the mod is 'alive' electronically. Here's the support page if you want to try.
- External battery charger? Another expense, but well wotth it.

Hope you figure things out!

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, you should have an external charger anyway because USB ports go bad and it is not recommended to charge batteries in that fashion, for many reasons.

It's possible it's just the USB like affected, or you could have fried the mod.

I think it's a great idea to get an external charger. Also, some new batteries which you should only buy from reputable vendors as discussed by Mooch.

Here a re a couple of blogs on the subject which explain battery safety and whatnot. Your mod may not be charging or working because you unbalanced the batteries, meaning one was charged up more than the other. It's possible the mod just may be not Happy with the situation.

Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Baditude's Blogs | E-Cigarette Forum

If you want to know for sure, take it to a brick and mortar vape shop they can test it for you to see if it is the mod or not. You should still do all the other stuff but it may be helpful to figure out if you will be needing a new mod or not.

Best of luck and welcome to ECF.
Anna

Reactions: AvaOrchid

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Hi, my daughter has the following setup, bought in February 2019:

Aspire SkyStar Revvo Kit
Extreme Vaping 18650 3000mAh High Drain Battery x2
Coil Master KBag Mini
E-Cig USB to 3 Pin Plug Adapter

Everything used to work well. Now the vape will not charge. I have tested the charger and cable on another device and it works fine. However, the vape display does not light up when the charging cable is inserted and there is no indication that it is charging. The fire button does not work either.

Any ideas?
I actually switched to only using external battery mods because the charging port would inevitably go bad way before the internal battery would die out. Like I could still charge the battery but since they were internal I couldn't because the port was broken. I would imagine it will probably work just fine if you get some external battery charging done. Hopefully the charging port didn't cause the whole thing to go bad.

• Optimistic

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Whether it's the cause of your issues or not I would be highly suspicious of those batteries. They sound like rewraps of potentially dubious quality and performance. Batteries are the most important element of any system, and the most likely to injure you if misused.

Our resident battery guru Mooch has not tested them, so to me that means they should not be used.

Mooch's Blog
Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Recommended battery list including a trusted vendor list

9ce44d93-49b2-41d2-85a9-3a127c1fc436-jpeg.847959

Its also worth noting that there are no two 18650s that can support the 210 watt maximum output of that mod.
Check the list at the bottom of the image above to see the maximum wattage for a selected pair of batteries based on their amp limits.

Ask if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread