Problem with 6v vaping..please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

berto7987

Sep 20, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I bought some of the Tenergy rcr123a 3.0v li-ion batteries to vape at 6v on by SB but i just doesn't seem to work. I'm using sr 520 atties but all i get is a half second crackle then it just stops. I know hv atties are recommended but so many people use the sr atties and don't have this problem. Does anyone know whats going on? Is it the type of batteries I'm using or what?

berto7987

Sep 20, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I'm looking into getting AW unprotected batteries.

I am definitely using SR atties cause I've tried different ones from different suppliers and I also have a 4 sets of the Tenergies. The batteries work fine on a SR cartomizer. (i'm worried about it just destroying the cartomizer though because it seems to burn so hot. Love it though)

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada

I am definitely using SR atties cause I've tried different ones from different suppliers and I also have a 4 sets of the Tenergies. The batteries work fine on a SR cartomizer. (i'm worried about it just destroying the cartomizer though because it seems to burn so hot. Love it though)

2.2 Ohm and lower = 3.7 - 4.2V
2.5 Ohm = 3.7 - 5V
3 Ohm = 5 - 6V (LR at 6V)
3.5 Ohm = 5 - 6V
4.5-5.2 = 6 - 7.4/8.4V

Yes folks are using standard resistance cartos at 6V and yes some are having success??? I have never had any success vaping cartos past 4.5V regardless of resistance to included but not limited to 3.5Ohm. I simply burn through them.

chevelle

ECF Veteran
2.2 Ohm and lower = 3.7 - 4.2V
2.5 Ohm = 3.7 - 5V
3 Ohm = 5 - 6V (LR at 6V)
3.5 Ohm = 5 - 6V
4.5-5.2 = 6 - 7.4/8.4V

Yes folks are using standard resistance cartos at 6V and yes some are having success??? I have never had any success vaping cartos past 4.5V regardless of resistance to included but not limited to 3.5Ohm. I simply burn through them.

It must be a function of the duration of the hit. Lots of little short draws with a really thin juice is the only way I could see having a chance of success. Any type of a normal draw would likely pop that heating element and/or burn the filler in a few seconds. I manage to burn 3.2 ohm cartos when using a true 3.7 volt source if I get careless and let it get too dry. Wouldn't even try it at 6V. After all, the penalty for breaking Ohm's Law is too messy to contemplate. lol.

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
It must be a function of the duration of the hit. Lots of little short draws with a really thin juice is the only way I could see having a chance of success. Any type of a normal draw would likely pop that heating element and/or burn the filler in a few seconds. I manage to burn 3.2 ohm cartos when using a true 3.7 volt source if I get careless and let it get too dry. Wouldn't even try it at 6V. After all, the penalty for breaking Ohm's Law is too messy to contemplate. lol.
Absolutely! OTOH GrimmGreen takes long toots, and that is one I have yet to figure out - why he doesn't burn through them.

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana

The two bold statements don't make sense. SR doesn't work, but SR does work.
Maybe a RC (resistance check) is in order.

berto7987

Sep 20, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Ok, so I just got some HV atties from eastmall today and WOW they work great! They are just a little bit weaker than 6v with a SR atty, but definitly way more intense then a LR at 3.7. I am very happy with them. I even gave them a shot at 7.4v with two 18350 and it was incredible! Just below the point of burnning the eliquid so it produced amazing flavor and throat hit, but just a little too strong. I'm going to have to wip up some 8-12mg nic juice to vape at that level cause the 20mg I'm using is making my hands shake and sweat!! I got so excited that I overcooked my mac-n-cheese lol! The LR atties I got from eastmall are some of the best I've purchased so I am very happy with their products and prices. You just have to save up and make a bulk order so that you can justify the high shipping cost. Only complaint is that they sent me the wrong batteries but hopefully they will respond quickly and send the correct ones without a hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread