Problem with my Saber Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
I have a standard saber touch. I got it secondhand from a friend. I noticed the first time I used it that it wasn't hitting right. I meter the correct voltage at the 510 connector- 4.2v from a fresh AW IMR 18650. Until today I didn't have any way to test what I was getting under load. I got one of those voltage indicators, hooked it up. I get 4.2v, but when I attach the load(atty), I get 3v.
Anyone have any idea why I am losing so much voltage? I really like the saber touch, but even with a 1.5 ohm atty, its too weak. What's the deal?

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
hello dDubs, did you ask your friend who had it originally what he was running it with? Might be something to do with the device you are attaching to it? I have only one Saber Touch and its kicked and if I use it with the reg batts and no kick with anything higher than 2.2 it does run weaker. I know alot of things can affect the output. Im not an expert, I wish Tat or Sir Lawrence was around to help. I know Sir Lawrence has been out without Internet connections due to the storm effects.

Have you tried to attach the atty or other devices on another PV and check the voltages etc?

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
Yep, I've tried all sorts of different attys and such. I used the same battery and atty in another device, got 4.1v like I should and a good vape. I thought it was a conductivity issue, but without a load I get the battery voltage at the connector. I wish someone would jump in to, I've been trying to figure this out for a while now. The ST is cool, but I don't use it cuz the vape isn't good lol. I can't remember if I tried to test it with the kick. I don't think I did, but I know I used it with the kick and at 10 watts I wasn't getting a 10 watt vape, that's for sure.

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
I have a standard saber touch. I got it secondhand from a friend. I noticed the first time I used it that it wasn't hitting right. I meter the correct voltage at the 510 connector- 4.2v from a fresh AW IMR 18650. Until today I didn't have any way to test what I was getting under load. I got one of those voltage indicators, hooked it up. I get 4.2v, but when I attach the load(atty), I get 3v.
Anyone have any idea why I am losing so much voltage? I really like the saber touch, but even with a 1.5 ohm atty, its too weak. What's the deal?

Whoa!! Sorry I'm late to the party:( That'll teach me to look at the WHOLE subforum instead of subcribed thread:ohmy: Ok, I'v read this Whole thread, and it's my conclusion that something is going wrong there!! I honestly don't beleive you should be getting 3.0volts with a fresh(4.2) battery using a 1.5 ohm atty, I just don't see it happening, at least it never has for me(unless it's Dual Coil!!) I would watch for Sir_Lawrence and send him an Email or a PM to see what he thinks or what can be done!!

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
Whoa!! Sorry I'm late to the party:( That'll teach me to look at the WHOLE subforum instead of subcribed thread:ohmy: Ok, I'v read this Whole thread, and it's my conclusion that something is going wrong there!! I honestly don't beleive you should be getting 3.0volts with a fresh(4.2) battery using a 1.5 ohm atty, I just don't see it happening, at least it never has for me(unless it's Dual Coil!!) I would watch for Sir_Lawrence and send him an Email or a PM to see what he thinks or what can be done!!
Not a dual coil! Lol

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
You might want to make sure that the spring is making really good contact with your battery. The positive contact inside the Saber is large enough that even if it is off centered, it will still make contact. I would try to extend the spring a little, and try using a magnet. If you are using Flat top type of batteries, sometimes the top of those are a little too low... so give the magnet a try.
Hope this helps.

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
I use nipple-top batteries. The positive contact is definitely making contact, I'm just trying to figure out where the problem lies. Battery is tight in the tube, and I did extend the spring a little bit. I can't tell if these marks on the top cap are from machining, or if someone was messing with it before I acquired it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread