Problem with one of my blu batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Sweatshirt

Jun 5, 2013
USA
I posted this in the new members section, as I joined here solely for seeking help with this but no one really knew what to do. I was hoping, since this is the appropriate section, that someone here might know of what to do.
I have the original blu e cig starter kit, the problem I'm having is that on one of my e cigs the blue light won't turn off. I've tried tapping it against a surface, blowing inside of it without any cart in it, and letting it burn out then charging, nothing worked. Normally it's only on when you're taking a drag or charging it, but it will not turn off or produce a vapor when a drag is attempted. I tried putting it in my USB charger to see if it'd help, it didn't, all that happened was the light remained on and the usb light turned blue which is indicative of the battery being fully charged. Then I tried putting it into the pack charger and the light remained on on the e cig as well as the pack, but if the light on the pack is on when the e cig is in that's indicative of it needing to be charged. So I really don't know what to do, my chargers are giving me mixed signals and nothing I do seems to turn the light off.

CoRporis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2013
Indy
I posted this in the new members section, as I joined here solely for seeking help with this but no one really knew what to do. I was hoping, since this is the appropriate section, that someone here might know of what to do.
I have the original blu e cig starter kit, the problem I'm having is that on one of my e cigs the blue light won't turn off. I've tried tapping it against a surface, blowing inside of it without any cart in it, and letting it burn out then charging, nothing worked. Normally it's only on when you're taking a drag or charging it, but it will not turn off or produce a vapor when a drag is attempted. I tried putting it in my USB charger to see if it'd help, it didn't, all that happened was the light remained on and the usb light turned blue which is indicative of the battery being fully charged. Then I tried putting it into the pack charger and the light remained on on the e cig as well as the pack, but if the light on the pack is on when the e cig is in that's indicative of it needing to be charged. So I really don't know what to do, my chargers are giving me mixed signals and nothing I do seems to turn the light off.

I've found the Blus to be really flakey with the way the lights work. I could never tell when my charge was complete because my pack would flash instead of just shut off.

That being said, does it still work if you try to use it? Either way I would not suggest you use it other than just to test it. Sounds like a short, so better to not use it and let it die off, preferably in an area that would be safe if it happened to discharge(not even sure if they can, better safe than sorry!)
If it were me I'd return it to the store you bought it from or get an RMA from the website and return for a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread