Problem with Silver bullet

Status
Not open for further replies.

takedownjedi

Sep 14, 2013
That Place
Hi, I cannot post in the troubleshooting forum yet. So I thought I would ask it here. I got a silver bullet a few years back and it worked great. It was just the atomizers at that time which always tasted like plastic burning. So I went back to cigs. Anyways I started reading about atomizer improvements and thought to give it another go. So I bought a rsst rebuildable. I did not have a multimeter but I decided to try it anyways. I first hooked up one of my old atty's, it worked, I heard sizzling and whatnot. Then I did a 4-5 wrap coil. Stuck it on my SB and nothing. I then switched back to the old atty and nothing. So I thought I shorted the battery. I buy some new batteries and charge them up, still nothing. So I am thinking I broke the SB somehow. I thought since it was mechanical it would be alright. ANyone know what happened and how I can fix this? I really want to get back to vaping and I just bought all new juice and such. And can't use it:( Help!!

albertbert

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2011
Canada
You need to get a multimeter. Check the resistance on the rsst, check the batteries, check to see if the SB is putting out voltage when you fire it.

Maybe the center pin got pushed down, and it isn't making contact with your atomizers now. If that is the case, you can pry it back up with something, but you should get a multimeter anyway.

edit: I forgot, is the hotspring still intact?

takedownjedi

Sep 14, 2013
That Place
You need to get a multimeter. Check the resistance on the rsst, check the batteries, check to see if the SB is putting out voltage when you fire it. Maybe the center pin got pushed down, and it isn't making contact with your atomizers now. If that is the case, you can pry it back up with something, but you should get a multimeter anyway. edit: I forgot, is the hotspring still intact?
Hi albert, I ordered a multi meter. It should be here in a few days. I think that is what happened, what should I use to pry it back up? There is no space to get under it on a SB. Thanks for responding!

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
How long ago did you buy the SB? I ask because I went through this a while back with my BB. I'd left a carto tank on it and juice had leaked onto the 510 connector and ruined it. I had to take it apart and replace the connector. I also went ahead and upgraded the wire inside, just because I was there!
Do you have a friend with an ohm meter? Might be worth a couple of phone calls to see what's going on? I know the guys at Altsmoke will take great care of you if nothing else! Get five posts, wait an hour and you can go to their forum and post there, as well as PM them.
Welcome to ECF!

takedownjedi

Sep 14, 2013
That Place
You need to get a multimeter. Check the resistance on the rsst, check the batteries, check to see if the SB is putting out voltage when you fire it. Maybe the center pin got pushed down, and it isn't making contact with your atomizers now. If that is the case, you can pry it back up with something, but you should get a multimeter anyway. edit: I forgot, is the hotspring still intact?
By incontact do you mean it has to be soldered down? Or just contacting the base of the SB?

takedownjedi

Sep 14, 2013
That Place
How long ago did you buy the SB? I ask because I went through this a while back with my BB. I'd left a carto tank on it and juice had leaked onto the 510 connector and ruined it. I had to take it apart and replace the connector. I also went ahead and upgraded the wire inside, just because I was there! Do you have a friend with an ohm meter? Might be worth a couple of phone calls to see what's going on? I know the guys at Altsmoke will take great care of you if nothing else! Get five posts, wait an hour and you can go to their forum and post there, as well as PM them. Welcome to ECF!
Hi I bought it a few years ago when it first came out. I stored it without anything in or on it. No batt no atty. My multimeter has a ohm meter on it, I think?

takedownjedi

Sep 14, 2013
That Place
There should be a small rubber O-ring below the post, Its your positive connection and the threads are the negative connection. They cannot touch or it doesnt work and can hurt your PV. I have to do major surgery on my Vamo because i tightened down my Clearo way to hard.
Where the atty screws in there is a small metal washer around the post. I cannot find a rubber one.

albertbert

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2011
Canada
By incontact do you mean it has to be soldered down? Or just contacting the base of the SB?

If you are talking about the hot spring being intact, i think it just has to be touching. Those things are made to kind of fall apart if you get a short. If it's still a spring, it should be fine.

takedownjedi

Sep 14, 2013
That Place
If you are talking about the hot spring being intact, i think it just has to be touching. Those things are made to kind of fall apart if you get a short. If it's still a spring, it should be fine.
I still have a spring and its still springy. I really think it is what you described earlier with the post being pushed down. I think I may have tightened to much with the rsst contact point down to low. I just have no idea how to push it up. The top piece of the SB is closed off. There is a small vent hole like 1/16" but I cant fit much into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread