Problem with Smoktech Magneto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using the Smoketech Magneto for about two months now and vaping for a year and a half. Everything was going fine until I picked up the Stillare RDA. I owned the Igo-L, two Igo-W's and a patriot prior to my purchase and everything was fine. I was vaping all of them between .5-.6 ohms (using 30A batteries). Of course I've been using the Stillare exclusively for the past week and loving it. There was a bit of a gap so I adjusted the 510 pin to allow for a flush fit. However, today I had an urge to use my Igo-L (.5 ohms), adjusted the 510 pin back up a bit, and all I got was a nasty burnt cotton taste. It was definitely juice'ed up and not dry. I checked for shorts with my multi-meter and found none. So I proceeded to try my Igo-w's and the patriot, all had the same burnt cotton taste. Checked all for shorts and found none. So, I put the Stillare back on my Magneto and had no problems. I know for a fact that my other RDA's worked perfectly well before I bought the Stillare. Has anyone ever encountered this problem? Sorry for the long winded post and thanks for any help in advanced.

I found the problem. Through a bit of deductive reasoning it was the new kanthal I bought for lightning vapes. I wrapped up a micro coil out of the kanthal I bought from my local B&B and low and behold no burnt taste. So I wrapped a new coil out of the new kanthal and had a burnt taste immediately. I tried torching and recoiling, but still got the burnt taste immediately. Has anyone had problems with lightning vapes Kanthal wire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread