Problem with Wicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikecomp93

Dec 6, 2014
Middletown, NJ
hey guys,

i've been on here for a few months now and i'm not sure if i should post this in the new members forum or not so forgive me if i've made a mistake.

i've been using RDAs for about a month or so now and i'm having an issue with my wicks. i have a pack of this type of Japanese Organic Cotton. so far it has been working great up until recently. i've started building dual coil builds and my wick has been turning into this (pictures below) after only a day or so. sometimes only after a few hours.

is something like this normal? how often do you guys re-wick?

Attachments

• coil.jpg
    coil.jpg
    409.5 KB · Views: 63
  • coil 2.jpg
    coil 2.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 59

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
It appears to just be juice gunking... and some do that. I have to change the wick in my kayfuns about daily to every-other-day for my ADV, because it gunks massively. One other I use is also a massive gunker, but I don't use it as much, mainly only when I first get up and right after meals, so I can stretch that one out for a week, but it's always solid black when I do get around to re-wicking it.

Some juices can go for a week or even 2, before needing to change the wick; some juices gunk so much that the daily re-wicking is necessary.

Andria

Mikecomp93

Dec 6, 2014
Middletown, NJ
It appears to just be juice gunking... and some do that. I have to change the wick in my kayfuns about daily to every-other-day for my ADV, because it gunks massively. One other I use is also a massive gunker, but I don't use it as much, mainly only when I first get up and right after meals, so I can stretch that one out for a week, but it's always solid black when I do get around to re-wicking it.

Some juices can go for a week or even 2, before needing to change the wick; some juices gunk so much that the daily re-wicking is necessary.

Andria

i'm using a plumveil clone rda with a dual 24g coil. i definitely think its just the juice i'm using. i've had to re-wick for this juice 3 times already in 24 hours. had to make an emergency purchase of some organic cotton at the rite aid by my job. but i've also had this same problem with my kanger subtank mini with both the occ coil heads and the rba. its bubbletronic from vapetrik. definitely has to be the juice.

do you have any juice recommendations for juice? i'm kind of open to anything but i dont really need that "throat hit" anymore, more looking for flavor.

thanks.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
No real idea, since I vape primarily for TH and flavor, don't give a single rap about vapor -- and I make my own anyway. I know that MyFreedomSmokes has some excellent tobacco flavors, and they also have a high-VG line; think it's 85% VG. That'll make some serious vapor. :D My experience with their Virginia is that it's EXTREMELY clean, I was still using replaceable coils then, and could go for a couple weeks before I needed to dryburn/rewick. Reasonably priced too. I didn't care too much for their non-tobaccos, but they really nailed Virginia; it's what got me off the Virginia Slims. :D :thumb:

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread