Problems with a Smok Tech carto in my Artemas tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickCA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2013
United States
So, I got my Artemas Locking 510 DCT carto tank in the mail today. It came with a pre-punched, dual-coil XL cartomizer with a grooved bottom so it locks into the grooved bottom cap. I filled the tank without priming the carto because I figured, since it was a punched carto, it would soak up the e-liquid while sitting in the tank and prime itself. This has proven to not be the case. When I take a puff, it tastes burnt and is producing a minimal amount of vapor. It's a LR (1.5ohm) and I have my PV set to around 3.5v, so I know that's not the problem.

Is this just a problem of a bum carto, or is it because I didn't prime it via "condom method"? If it is because I didn't prime it, can I just take out the carto, prime it and put it back in the tank? Or is it permanently ruined. Lastly, I have some XL Boge cartos lying around. Can I use those in the Artemas? My concern is that, since they don't have a grooved bottom to lock into the grooved bottom cap of the Artemas, it will be a messy ordeal...

Here's where I got the Artemas, by the way: Artemas Locking 510 DCT, Clear

Please help!

Last edited:

JessicaS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Columbus, OH, USA
The carto should be filled prior to filling the rest of the tank, since the juice in it gets "burned" first. Otherwise you risk burning the filler in the carto. I would suggest dripping juice I the carto. If it still tastes burnt than you may have unfortunately burned the filler. I have done this before myself. 3.5 ohm is a higher resistance than I usually see in LR carts so at the 3.5 volts I would think that the carto can still be salvaged.

NickCA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2013
United States
3.5 ohm is a higher resistance than I usually see in LR carts so at the 3.5 volts I would think that the carto can still be salvaged.

You know what, that's actually my mistake. I meant to say 1.5ohm. Post edited. I did try dripping some juice into the carto and it still tastes burned, unfortunately. So I guess now my problem is figuring out if the BOGE XLs will fit in the Artemas.

JessicaS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Columbus, OH, USA
You could use the condom fill to make sure the carto is completely saturated with juice, but it has been my experience that once you get burnt tastes it is time for a new cart. I have not tried a Boge carto but I have seen you tube videos where some have. It should work as long as it gets a good enough seal. Like you said, things could get messy. :) Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread