Profile, RDA, Flooding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
I have been using my Profile rda for about 3 weeks now and have been having some difficulty with over saturation of the cotton and flooding the mesh. I guess sqounking the Profile is a bit of an art. I spent the early days adjusting the air and wattage with equal frustration, currently I have been lifting the cap and viewing the mesh and sqounking carefully, slow , light squeeze until I notice the cotton begins to absorb the juice and this has given better results. The mesh is easy to overload on the Profile, I think.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Interesting...I have replaced the cotton 3 times, trying different methods, including the pancake, as viewed on You Tube. Mostly they have resulted in spit and popping unless I do a soft sqounk. Typically I squeeze every 20 or so short hits (0.6sec). I use a Top Side mod, juice is 70VG and watts at 52.
I personally doubt a different cotton approach will help much. An RDA full of juice is an RDA full of juice. You just have to figure out how hard and how long to hold the bottle for your particular atty

Reactions: Tonee N

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
I personally doubt a different cotton approach will help much. An RDA full of juice is an RDA full of juice. You just have to figure out how hard and how long to hold the bottle for your particular atty
I am beginning to learn the tricks...if it works or an't broke. I was born in Mpls and reside in Perth Australia.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Never flooded a Profile deck through squonking, or even dripping. The wick will absorb as much as it can take, with the remaining juice being sucked back into the bottle. Sometimes a small amount of juice is left in the bottom of the deck but will eventually be absorbed.

Spitting and popping is a result of juice boiling, not vaporizing. This can be a result of a flooded deck, loose wick or lack of power. 52 watts is sufficient to fire the Profile mesh so power can be scratched off as a cause. How tight is your wick? The type of cotton should not matter but the amount is crucial.

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
Never flooded a Profile deck through squonking, or even dripping. The wick will absorb as much as it can take, with the remaining juice being sucked back into the bottle. Sometimes a small amount of juice is left in the bottom of the deck but will eventually be absorbed.

Spitting and popping is a result of juice boiling, not vaporizing. This can be a result of a flooded deck, loose wick or lack of power. 52 watts is sufficient to fire the Profile mesh so power can be scratched off as a cause. How tight is your wick? The type of cotton should not matter but the amount is crucial.
I am using the Wofoto cotton that came with the RDA. I think the problem is too much juice, either due to over sqounking or maybe the juice is being restricted and not able flow back to the tank. I'll strip the RDA, inspect and clean next time down.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I am beginning to learn the tricks...if it works or an't broke. I was born in Mpls and reside in Perth Australia.
Heh. I was born in Fargo ND, and reside in Saint Paul. Everyone moves up I guess. Slipped on the ice about an hour ago and pulled my groin :/ thinking of warmer climes as I speak lol

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Maybe because you are south of the equator the juice goes the other way kinda like how toilets flush the opposite direction. You may need to get a Southern Hemisphere Profile. I’m guessing you got a standard, or northern hemisphere Profile. But worry not, I’ve got you covered. Now the Southern Hemisphere Profile’s are very rare and the price reflects that so just private message me your address and I’ll send it right out. I can sell it for $89.99 plus shipping. I’m in the Chicagoland area so shipping&handing is kinda steep but it will work so much better not having to fight the reverse direction.

*All claims made in above post are factually inaccurate and should be ignored. Under no circumstances should you send money or even disclose your address.

Reactions: Izan

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
Maybe because you are south of the equator the juice goes the other way kinda like how toilets flush the opposite direction. You may need to get a Southern Hemisphere Profile. I’m guessing you got a standard, or northern hemisphere Profile. But worry not, I’ve got you covered. Now the Southern Hemisphere Profile’s are very rare and the price reflects that so just private message me your address and I’ll send it right out. I can sell it for $89.99 plus shipping. I’m in the Chicagoland area so shipping&handing is kinda steep but it will work so much better not having to fight the reverse direction.

*All claims made in above post are factually inaccurate and should be ignored. Under no circumstances should you send money or even disclose your address.
That may do the trick, do you have a southern hemisphere mod because the one I am using needs the battery reversed in order to work?

Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread