Protank 2 Leaking/priming question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bprice

Oct 29, 2013
CA, USA
I've been using my Protank 2 for about 2 days now and had a problem when I switched flavors. When I cleaned it out and put it all back together the draw was really tight and lots of gurgling. So I pulled the coil head out, blew all the juice out of it, put it back in and still had the same problem. It was also leaking a bit on the battery. I'm probably not priming it properly or doing something wrong obviously. Any one that ahs some tips on how to fill it so I don't have to spend an hour taking it apart, blowing it out, wiping off the battery, etc? Thanks in advance.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Dry burn it after soaking in vodka or everclear for a few minutes and rinsing it out under warm tap water. Attach the head and base to a battery without the tank or coil head chimney on in slow 5 second pulses. This will vaporize the remaining gunk inside the coil wick and along the coil surface, burning off carbon that is insulating the wire from the liquid on the coil as well as clearing up the gummed up gunk in the coil wick that is preventing juice from reaching the coil to be vaporized instead of boiled and seeping down the coil cup onto the battery terminal.

yankeewoodsman

Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
I had the same problem with mine and traced it back to the air holes on the threads. When I was cleaning, little fibers got caught in there and when they got juice in them, swelled and clogged it up. I had to pick it all out with a safety pin. Because the holes are so small and kind of hidden, washing didn't knock it out. I'd check there. Hope it helps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nosmoke12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
My e-liquids from vaporlovers... give me instruction manuals to always letting the liquid sit for some time before using the tank maybe you should try letting it sit for an hour and see if this helps?:?:

I always do that, I put it back together and refill it and throw a fresh head in and then let it soak up juice for about 15mins or so, even if I prime the wicks with juice.

bprice

Oct 29, 2013
CA, USA
Thanks for all the tips. I'll definitely try them out. I haven't been letting the juice sit to soak the wicks so maybe that is part of the issue. I've been checking the air holes on the threads and they aren't clogged and I have everything screwed together nice and tight. I've been thinking about using some Teflon tape around the threads to help stop leaking, has anyone tried that before successfully?

HughDaHand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2012
Swartz Creek, MI
If you ran water through the head while cleaning it that may have knocked the loose "flavor" wicks out of place. That used to happen to me alot before I started rewicking with cotton. Just take off the center post and make sure the flavor wicks are still laying all the way across the coil, sometimes the force of water running through the head pulls one end out of the wick hole letting juice flood the coils and leak.

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
If you ran water through the head while cleaning it that may have knocked the loose "flavor" wicks out of place. That used to happen to me alot before I started rewicking with cotton. Just take off the center post and make sure the flavor wicks are still laying all the way across the coil, sometimes the force of water running through the head pulls one end out of the wick hole letting juice flood the coils and leak.

Agreed, if you are using a higher PG juice, you will need to leave those pesky flavor wicks in and in place directly over the coiled wick. Be sure that your atomizer is screwed in well to the protank base. Some people just set it on top of the base and that causes a lot of flooding (obviously). Also, be sure that your draw is not too strong with a high PG juice as this will flood and leak as well. Good luck! Keep us updated on what is working so we can all learn with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread