Protank 2 mod, better vape and air flow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this is compatible with the protank 1, and also protank mini, if not, let me know please!

-did a double wick silica, 4 wrap with 30g kanthal, guessing at .8-1.1ohms

-only way this was possible without suffocating the wick was boring out the top cap

-i bored it out with a 1/16th drill bit, and made sure to only bore out half

-also, i enlarged the previous air holes on the bottom of the connection. i only enlarged 1 of 3 air holes to 1/16th

-after

-also, i left the silicon cover OFF. I have no leaks or flooding. If you do, modify the silicon cover so that it copies the shape of the newly enlarged wick housing (top cap). Also, try putting 1 flavor wick. You can also experiment better airflow by enlarging the 3 air holes in the bottom connection. I only drilled out 1.

-let me know if it works for you! This is my first post, i hope you liked it! Enjoy!

That's some nice drilling! I've thought about doing the same because I have a Vamo V3 and sometimes it feels like the holes get plugged up in the connection a little. Taking a little out of the cap has been a fleeting idea I have had and I just might follow your path. Thanks for the pics!

No problem brotha! I would try 1 first, and see how it hits. Then 2, etc etc

itsmedave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2013
TN
I bought a Pro Tank 2 despite not liking the Pro Tank 1 much at all. I don't like the Pro Tank 2, I love it. The hit is much better, I can taste the juice, and I love being able to use a nonmetallic drip tip with it. I got this and an iClear 30 in today and I'm not sure when I'll get around to using the iClear. I have a feeling I'll have another ProTank 2 soon enough and if this keeps up, I may be done with all my other tanks.

Just as simple to pick up my RSST and use it instead.

As a one off, I give it points for being Trick!
As a recommended Modification, not so much. Most are not equipped to tackle this and the Protank works well for the average Vaper.

Posts like that are the ones that seriously make me embarrassed to be associated with a community where most are "not equipped to tackle" using a drill... or is it being associated with someone else who isn't so they assume no one else is?

And to the OP, thanks for showing that man, gives me some ideas to maybe try out something out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread