Protank 3 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zach C.

Verified Member
Feb 18, 2014
Flat Rock, Alabama
Have to greatly agree with Rathamar and Botomline...I have 2x Protank 2 and 1 Protank 3. My local vape shop recommended buying the new Aero Tank which uses the air control bottom. Of course they wanted $40 for the full tank setup. I searched online and found the bottom only for $6 and bought 3. Can't go wrong with it and the only time mine leaks per se, it collects in the bottom of the air flow base and it never spills out. Of course it only happens when I put it on my mod and either don't get a good connection and basically just suck the juice with no vape or I let a friend hit it who treats it like an analog cigarette and doesn't know to do a long slow pull instead of a fast short one.

I got mine here and hopefully they will be back in stock soon:
Kanger AeroTank Base also known as the Aerobase

I was typing a reply the same time that you posted. I was looking at the Rathamar posted they seem pretty cheap there. I just found a shop close to me and I called to see if they have any instock. He asked if it was for my pt3 but it turns out he is sold out. So I guess quite a few other people have had this problem also.

Zach

drummerskey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
little birdhouse in your soul
I have a PTII, a PTII mini and an Aerotank (couldn't find just the base in stock and was impatient). I have had zero leaking issues with any of the set ups except for some condensation on the battery post and the occasional drop of juice on the post. I apparently have the new coil version which has the silicon gromet instead of the rubber and the knurled stem (or chimney).

Sun Vapors has new PTII coils for $5.97 which is pretty cheap.

Personally, I prefer the PTII with the PTII coil and the Aerotank base...........even more than the Aerotank as sold with the dual coils. Don't know why, I just like it better. Everything seems to be inter-changeable and you could get the same effect on the PTII by putting your finger over one of the air holes located on the base on the outside. Covering a hole or two will give you the same "effect" as the Aerotank to try. Just don't cover all the holes.

Keep an eye out for "generic" heads because most who have issues usually state that they don't have true Kanger heads with it. I read a lot of people with issues and these are all that I use anymore and I have not had one problem at all.

Zach C.

Verified Member
Feb 18, 2014
Flat Rock, Alabama
I have a PTII, a PTII mini and an Aerotank (couldn't find just the base in stock and was impatient). I have had zero leaking issues with any of the set ups except for some condensation on the battery post and the occasional drop of juice on the post. I apparently have the new coil version which has the silicon gromet instead of the rubber and the knurled stem (or chimney).

Sun Vapors has new PTII coils for $5.97 which is pretty cheap.

Personally, I prefer the PTII with the PTII coil and the Aerotank base...........even more than the Aerotank as sold with the dual coils. Don't know why, I just like it better. Everything seems to be inter-changeable and you could get the same effect on the PTII by putting your finger over one of the air holes located on the base on the outside. Covering a hole or two will give you the same "effect" as the Aerotank to try. Just don't cover all the holes.

Keep an eye out for "generic" heads because most who have issues usually state that they don't have true Kanger heads with it. I read a lot of people with issues and these are all that I use anymore and I have not had one problem at all.

I ordered a areotank base as well as some pt2 and pt3 coils. I am going to test out the combination and see what works best for me. I have only been using genuine Kanger parts with serials that I verified on the Kanger site. I really appreciate the info and I will get back to everyone with the results when I get everything in.

Zach

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread