Not open for further replies.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
Hi jim

Sort-of. I use the 1.8 ohm and vape between 3.4 to 3.7 V so it will last a long time. When I use to go 4.0 or more, they woulnt last for me. I wont go higher than 3.7 as they will get the burnt taste within two days it seems. I have gotten into the habbit of cleaning mine at the end of the day and putting the one I cleaned yesterday in it. My two cents

EDIT: I quit ordering from Fasttech when it comes to these replacement heads. Too many problems. They are only about a dollar more per 5 pack if you order the originals/OEM from the right place. ( just in case yours are coming from FT)

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I didn't get burnt, just got weak flavor - til I followed BOTH of the tips implied above
a) I removed one flavor wick - and that let more juice get to the coil, for better performance
b) I switched from the coil it came with (reading 2.7) to one I had around (2.0) and found THAT was the difference - even at the SAME power setting (like 7.5 watts or so) the lower resistance gave me a better taste!

My guess is your burnt problem is mostly the wicking thing...

mrjayd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
San Diego
There is only 2 flavor wicks in each one.

My guess is your not getting enough juice to the coil. You can try removing some of the flavor wicks to allow more juice to the coil. You need to find the perfect balance of good flow without leaking. Take one at a time out until you get a leak then put one back in and there you go.

cramptholomew

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Maryland
I just rebuilt an EVOD head, and used 3 strands of cotton butchers twine, folded over and pulled through the coil so that it's doubled. Added 2 strands for flavor wick. Best head I've had yet! (Heh heh) I had been using white cotton yarn, and I think that this twine might be MUCH better. No gurgling. No popping. Just a nice clean draw, and really good flavor. I tried my hand at a microcoil too, using 32g kanthal wrapped 8 times for a 2.5 ohm coil - so that might be part of it too. Either way, I'm a happy guy.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Just opened mine up. There were like 10 tiny 'wicks' but very possible they came unbraided.

Actually they never were braided. Each flavor wick is about 5-6 strands, slightly twisted. Usually straight by the time you clean them.
Still called (2) flavor wicks.
Flavor wicks have purpose beyond filling the void in the Pipe. They actually hold additional el-iquid to aid in feeding coil. (See Ego Atomizer)
They also stop popping HOT e-liquid from ascending the tube and striking your tongue.

I just got a g50 tank that uses the same heads and out of the box on a kicked mech set at 8.5 watts it was getting a bit burned, pulled one wick and it seemed to start working a lot better but once it gets pretty low it starts to get a little gurgle in it. I think these heads are designed for stock evod/ego batteries and just got repurposed for a bigger tank that ends up on higher power devices.

I am probably going to try and rebuild the heads at some point as I am told you can get a better vape by doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread