protank coils with 100% vg

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigtausteve

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2013
Lawton, OK, USA
what is the best way to fix dryburn in a protank when using 100%vg juice? i know it doesnt wick well in top coils (100%) but i didnt think bottom were the same. this particular juice only comes in 100% vg so no changing that. Dilute the juice with water? take out a flavor wick? these are guesses but i dont know.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I pretty regularly remove ONE flavor wick from a ProTank coil, just to get decent juice flow with juice that's anything more than 50/50.
I don't know if you can get it to "keep up" with big hits or chain vaping all-VG, but just wanted to chime in - that removal of a wick (not all of it, just half) DOES improve things, and I don't get leaks.

sigtausteve

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2013
Lawton, OK, USA
i have a bunch of coils and am planning on rebuilding them, but not until they are used up. I ended up taking one of the flavor wicks out and it works PERFECTLY. i thought bobas was good in a RSST, this .... is amazing in a protank 2. looking forward to savin up for a kayfun. if the tech in a $20 tank is this good can only imagine what it is like in a kayfun.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
This proves there are many ways to skin a rabbit.

I use 100% VG and thick, dark dessert juices on a regular basis in Kanger mini-PT IIs without any issues. I down-mixed the VG to new base with 15% distilled water and 5% saline. Then mix recipes by adding nic (50mg/ml, VG) and flavors between 3-20%. Encountering no issues or needed adjustments.

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
what is the best way to fix dryburn in a protank when using 100%vg juice? i know it doesnt wick well in top coils (100%) but i didnt think bottom were the same. this particular juice only comes in 100% vg so no changing that. Dilute the juice with water? take out a flavor wick? these are guesses but i dont know.

Me, I'd say take the wicks out and replace them with cotton. The wicks don't do well with thicker liquids, cotton works beautifully, it's cheap, and very easy to do. Or, just rewick one, for using with that liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread