Status
Not open for further replies.

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
One works amazing, the other still needs some fiddling. Almost as good as a rebuildable imho.
edana6e8.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

317Vapers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Indiana
www.youtube.com
Update:both work great, amazing flavor, 2.2ohms at 5 volts

Looks like I'm breaking out the kanthal and mesh. I need a couple more heads so i can play around. Thinking about getting in on this co-op for the heads since there so cheap

Sent from Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2
317Vapers

Discord

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
I gave this a shot for the first time last night, my first rebuild ever, and I think I ended up making the mesh too tight because I keep getting dry hits on it (TERRIBLE). going to try again and see if I can get it right. I think this is harder with the .5mm Kanthal than it would have been with a thinner wire, too. My first 3 tries all came out at 1.1ohm or less (too low for the VV mod I use). The final one I got to work was about 1.4ohm, which I could run, but if I tried to chain vape I'd get dry hits.

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
Use 32 gauge with at least 5 wraps, should come out to 2 ohms minimum. If your getting dry hits or it is less than that, check to make sure none of the wires are touching eachother or the metal in the base. My problem was the leads from the shaft was touching the second wrap, causing a hot spot.

There is virtually no leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread