The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Protank mesh rebuild

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by bfrie, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bfrie

bfrie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Just rebuilt 2 protanks with only mesh, 400 and 5 wraps of 32 kanthal. Something tells me I won't be touching my rbas for awhile :p

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

2. Unforeseen

Unforeseen Admin
    Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to Assorted PV Topics - Tanks

3. 317Vapers

317Vapers Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    Indiana
    So does it work good. I been thinking about getting to build one out of mesh.

Sent from Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2
    317Vapers

4. bfrie

One works amazing, the other still needs some fiddling. Almost as good as a rebuildable imho. [​IMG]

5. bfrie

Update:both work great, amazing flavor, 2.2ohms at 5 volts

6. 317Vapers

317Vapers Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    Indiana
    Looks like I'm breaking out the kanthal and mesh. I need a couple more heads so i can play around. Thinking about getting in on this co-op for the heads since there so cheap

Sent from Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2
    317Vapers

7. bfrie

It's very simple and doesn't take much playing around, you shouldn't need much more than 2 or 3 at most

8. lamarrk

lamarrk ECF Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Are you getting any leaking into the air shaft? Thinking about trying this on mine.

9. Discord

Discord Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2013
    Portland, OR, USA
    I gave this a shot for the first time last night, my first rebuild ever, and I think I ended up making the mesh too tight because I keep getting dry hits on it (TERRIBLE). going to try again and see if I can get it right. I think this is harder with the .5mm Kanthal than it would have been with a thinner wire, too. My first 3 tries all came out at 1.1ohm or less (too low for the VV mod I use). The final one I got to work was about 1.4ohm, which I could run, but if I tried to chain vape I'd get dry hits.

10. bfrie

Use 32 gauge with at least 5 wraps, should come out to 2 ohms minimum. If your getting dry hits or it is less than that, check to make sure none of the wires are touching eachother or the metal in the base. My problem was the leads from the shaft was touching the second wrap, causing a hot spot.

There is virtually no leaking

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.