Protected Batteries in SD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mufftrix

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
Stoke-On-Trent UK
Apoligies if answered elsewhere! (sure seen somewhere ha ha)

After resisting for weeks have finally caved in and ordered a screwdriver! A lot of weighing up pro`s and con`s but hoping it going to be worth the hefty layout! Am just fed up of battery life on 901 which imo is only downfall of a great device! Am just wondering about using these batteries and if anyone can confirm they fit/work (I know they protected ) Just don`t want order if they to big and won`t fit in properly!

AW RCR123A Rechargeable Lithium Batteries - FenixTorch.co.uk

750 mAH
3.7 Volt nominal
Ant-explosion Vent/PTC module
16.62mm ( diameter ) X 34.29mm ( length ) - +/- 0.1mm
Over-charge protection at 4.35V
Over-discharge protection at 2.45V
Short / over-current protection

Mufftrix

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
Stoke-On-Trent UK
Thank`s spyderuk will keep these in mind was just looking for a uk supplier found this to ha ha (yet damn more money just hope missus doesn`t open screwdriver and see how much it was haha)

Uniross RC104524 Rechargeable CR123 w/Charger at Battery Force

Just that I`ve seen that protected ones don`t fit and want make sure get some that do in UK if can? size of these are

Diameter:17.0mmHeight:33.4mm

spyderuk

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2008
UK
Ok so you will pay £13+ for 1 battery and charger when you can have 4 batteries and a dual charger from HK on Ebay for under £10? 8-o Order today and I'm sure they will be with you sometime next week.

Sorry I know where I would be spending my cash, and already have. I can't attest to the long time lifespan of these cells but I have no problems so far. Remember you can look at 16340 3.6v-3.7v cells too not just the 123a cells.

Mufftrix

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
Stoke-On-Trent UK
I appreciate your argument on price it like you say it works out a lot cheaper! (bit late to worry about that daren`t look at cost of this addiction up to now8-o)but it just a safety issue to thinking at least UK ones will have passed some kind of safety test, so can leave on without worrying about house burning down if forget and leave it plugged in! Have ordered some of those you linked to anyhow at price they got be worth a punt!

Mufftrix

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
Stoke-On-Trent UK
Just dreading another parcel turning up wife will have me in shed never mind charger haha and there no power in there :cry: Think that will do now for spending. It frightening just worked out have spent £420 in a month!!!!That compared to analogs at £5.60 x 45 = £252 (a pack and half day on average fo 30 days) Hopefully now when SD arrives that should be it bar a few atomisers and my cart/liquid supplies haha!

Mufftrix

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
Stoke-On-Trent UK
Those Uniross batteries are 3.0 Volt, I don't think they will work with an e-cig.
You need the 3.7 Volt ones!.

You probably right troid! Have took spyderuk`s advice and gone for china cheapies.
But if my house burns down will be looking to lodge with him! So hope you got a lot of space spyder for another e-cig addict I mean hobbyist:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread