Status
Not open for further replies.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I read the kit was easy to put together as long as you can solder, which left me out. I'd screw it up for sure. Did you put a kit together?

I'm the same way, I'll pay the extra $50-$60 for them to put it together for me ;)

I see they have blemish's too, wonder how bad they are, know porvari use to do the same, and had to hunt to find a tiny blemish on the bottom of it.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2013
    The Clemson Tigers State
    I'm the same way, I'll pay the extra $50-$60 for them to put it together for me ;)

I see they have blemish's too, wonder how bad they are, know porvari use to do the same, and had to hunt to find a tiny blemish on the bottom of it.
    I'm with you I'll pay the extra money.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6T

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2013
    The Clemson Tigers State
    One week into the XPV and it's becoming the best mod I've owned. I just love how compact and solid it is. Battery life has been good using LG HG2 and I just received a set of Sony VTC6 3000 mah. I'll admit their site isn't user friendly or filled with information, but they do make an excellent mod.

blacklung

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 10, 2011
    Houston
    One week into the XPV and it's becoming the best mod I've owned. I just love how compact and solid it is. Battery life has been good using LG HG2 and I just received a set of Sony VTC6 3000 mah. I'll admit their site isn't user friendly or filled with information, but they do make an excellent mod.

I'm on my 4th or 5th day. Great mod...easily my best single 18650 mod. Compact and solid-agreed. I definitely appreciate the solid clip vs letting it float around in my pocket. I received a light yellow LG HG4 fwiw.-haven't used it yet, using my older batteries(saving the new one for when I refresh all my batteries).
    I have noticed these dna boards and/or FDV 510 need a really solid connection to keep ohms stable but not a big deal.

I dropped mine on the second day. From about a little over waist high onto parking lot cement/asphalt. Paint held up great..scuffed but functions flawless.

blacklung

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 10, 2011
    Houston
    Really wish they used a 2X series battery instead of the 18's.

I think the xpv75 uses the FDV battery tube fyi..not available in 20xxx size. I don't have any 20xxx devices so not a big deal for me but would be nice for those that do. I am getting pretty good battery life with my worn out 18650s.. I think around 200 puffs/charge @40w. Not sure if that's good or not but the chip seems efficient compared to my other single 18650 mods.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2013
    The Clemson Tigers State
    I'm on my 4th or 5th day. Great mod...easily my best single 18650 mod. Compact and solid-agreed. I definitely appreciate the solid clip vs letting it float around in my pocket. I received a light yellow LG HG4 fwiw.-haven't used it yet, using my older batteries(saving the new one for when I refresh all my batteries).
    I have noticed these dna boards and/or FDV 510 need a really solid connection to keep ohms stable but not a big deal.

I dropped mine on the second day. From about a little over waist high onto parking lot cement/asphalt. Paint held up great..scuffed but functions flawless.

Oh dropped it on second day. It must have had you thinking if you damaged it. The battery is a 2500 mah. I've been using my LG H4 3000 mah batteries and they have been doing just well. I did a pair of Sony VTC6 which to me are about the same as the LG's. The DNA chip really makes the mod top notch along with how solid and small the mod is. Glad you are enjoying it.

Reactions: stols001

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2013
    The Clemson Tigers State
    Yes.i am waiting for them to upgrade from DNA250 to the 250C in the XPV line.

I would think they would since they stock the DNA 250 C chip. I was only looking for a DNA 75C mod which uses a single battery and ProtoVapor makes them.

Reactions: stols001

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2013
    The Clemson Tigers State
    Almost two weeks now of constant use and my XPV 75C is working great. I haven't had any issues with it. No issues with the menu and battery life has been excellent [emoji106] for my use. I feel safe with the Evolv DNA board's as I did with Provape.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6T

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2013
    High Desert, CA
    I know I was just saying that since they carry the new board they should have updated by now ?

It's not quite that easy. Since the screen shape is different between the DNA250 and the DNA250C they have to make a different case for the 250C. They can't just pop a 250C board in a DNA 250 case and have it work. So give them a little more time to re-design the case and get it manufactured. I'm sure they will have something soon for that since the 250C is quite popular. And since Protovapor is a quality mod maker, doing it right will be important to them and that might take a bit of time. Also, since they probably sell more of the 75 series mods, that's probably why they chose to release the C version of that mod before the 250C version. A little patience while they get the 250C version out and you'll probably be able to get a mod you'll love.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    It's not quite that easy. Since the screen shape is different between the DNA250 and the DNA250C they have to make a different case for the 250C. They can't just pop a 250C board in a DNA 250 case and have it work. So give them a little more time to re-design the case and get it manufactured. I'm sure they will have something soon for that since the 250C is quite popular. And since Protovapor is a quality mod maker, doing it right will be important to them and that might take a bit of time. Also, since they probably sell more of the 75 series mods, that's probably why they chose to release the C version of that mod before the 250C version. A little patience while they get the 250C version out and you'll probably be able to get a mod you'll love.
    I know the screen size is larger I was just hoping they would updated by now that's all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread