ProVape E-Cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetteG

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
NE
I was looking on the ProVape website, since everyone has been talking about the "Ferrari" of the e-cig world being the ProVari and was curious is the main difference between the ProVari and the ProVape 1 the variable adjustment essentially?

One other thing I noticed was the ProVape 1 was about the size of a bic lighter and looks as if it would handle about the same. I watched a video on YouTube for the ProVari and it looks gigantic ... and I just don't know it would be comfortable to sit around and vape with ... I mean if you're eventually going to drop that kind of cash X2 (both me and my husband) you kind of want to know out the gate if it's going to be for you. :)

What are the dimensions of the entire setup, especially the mod itself? I know the minis are smaller as well, but is the main tube the same size around? Also, I know there are different options (tank, carts, attys, etc) ...

What are the opinions of those who have owned any of the ProVape ECigs?

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Hi NetteG
The body of the ProVape1 is actually about the size of a highlighter with the cap off. I got one almost 2 years ago for my 6 month no cigarette anniversary and they are quite durable.
It is not variable voltage. It's a 3.7 and uses 14500 batteries.
The ProVari is a quite bit larger and has the variable voltage.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Just my opinion/experience here...it(the Provari) was my "first" e-cig purchase.

If I take one of my back-ups out and about for the day I normally find myself very eager to get home so I can dial up the Provari. It gets used "every" single day since purchased in Jan. of this year. I've tried other variable voltage units side by side and while the voltages "can" be adjusted, at the same settings nothing I've tried hits and delivers like the Provari does.

But it does, like everything else, come with a price, a substantial one. I could have purchased 10 ego twists for what I shelled out for the Provari! But then I still wouldn't have a Provari. No regrets here on my first e-cig purchase.

How could I justify smoking with so much invested in vaping?:D

Size link... ProVari Mini Variable Voltage Ecig: Best Variable Voltage E Cig Available!#

:vapor::vapor:

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've not held or seen a Provape 1 to compare size, but my BB uses the same 14500 battery, so I would assume they are relatively the same size. The Provape appears to have the same great construction that the Provari has. It also has a lifetime warranty. It has multiple safety features built in. But the comparisons stop there.

The Provari excells in safety and information. Besides adjusting voltage to suit your taste, it lets you know when your battery is getting close to being too low to fire, tells you the precise voltage of your battery if you ask it, tells you what the resistance of the device that heats your juice if you ask it, and tells you a number of issues that could affect the safety using a particular device with an error code on the LED display. Also, what voltage you set, you will get it, every time. Most of the other VV mods will tell you one voltage and give you another.

If my Provari ever malfunctions or stops working, I have confidence that Provape will repair it within a reasonable time. Will the other VV mod makers do that? More than likely with most, especially the Chinese-made devices, you'll need to ditch it and buy another.

I just got my Provari over a week ago, and to me it actually seemed small, but then I had been using a Silver Bullet for 3 months prior to that. And I took it everywhere with me, so size is not an issue for me. Below are my 3 big battery mods: Provari, Silver Bullet, and BB.

View attachment 128811 View attachment 128812

The pic on the right with the hand holding the Provari - this is with the extension cap for a larger size battery for longer battery time, which adds about an inch to the default length. Note also that the tank and drip tip on top of the Provari makes up at least 1/3 of the total mod's length. This is not that large of an APV.

Last edited:

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
One other thing... The Provape-1 is an unregulated device. It has all the safety features, but power drops with the voltage. The Provari is variable voltage, but the biggest advantage is that it is regulated, meaning the last puff before the battery dies will be just as good as the 1st puff after a fresh charge.

EDIT: Picture for size comparison:

ProVape-Size-Comp-500x500.jpg

Provari, Provape-1, Ego-T

Last edited:

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
As someone who owns both the Provape-1 and Provari, I'd suggest you get the Provari. I was pretty unimpressed by the Provape-1 and about 2 weeks after owning it, went and ordered the Provari. I've been impressed enough by the Provari to get a second one as a backup. The main issue I had with the Provape-1 was the battery life. The batteries used for it are only 750 mAh, little better than the smallest eGo battery available. The Provaris I have use the extension cap and the batteries are 2000 mAh. If you are looking for a set 3.7 volt device, I'd suggest you get something other than the Provape-1. If you are looking for something with VV, you won't find anything better than the Provari. The Provape-1 I have, I keep to drip with, and use the Provaris for most of my all day vaping needs.

Here are my two Provari's and my one Provape-1.

ECF Provari.jpg

Liquinator

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2012
C:\Germany\LwrSaxony
I can absolutely assure you that buying a Provari is worth every single penny. My first ecig was a Reo Mini which I loved for the time being and still love it in combination with my favorite attys. However, since I purchased my Provari V2 like a month ago I actually never really touched my Reo again. It's simple why: Provari in combination with a Tank/Carto setup just will work every single time you press the button. There is no "wow that was a nice hit" and the next one won't be as good. The first puff as ronda already pointed out will be exactly the same like the last one. Especially the neat functions like reading ohms, battery warning, safety functions etc make it really awesome. Furthermore, I found out that different liquids have different sweet spots (read: voltage settings). It's just amazing and as you probably noticed I became a huge fan of this device because it will never let you down. I got a normal (no mini) Provari v2 with a Phiniac tank (+ refiller kit. ITS AMAZING for refilling tanks!!) and stainless boge singles. Every morning it's just: fill up tank -> vape all day long without any issues. Additionally, I was worried about the size, too. For me it's absolutely perfect and is nice to hold. I found it was a good way to actually have an idea about the size to watch youtube vids where people are holding the devices.

I hope this was helpful to you. Cherrs :)

blocsin

Verified Member
Apr 17, 2012
Vancouver
Like Hitmetwice, my first PV was a Provari which was recommended to me by my brother. He said that sooner or later I would end up getting a VV device. I am glad I listened to him & took his advice. I am very happy with my Provari (18650 batts w/ extended cap)...well worth the price tag in my opinion. Size is about 4-1/2" in height & a bit over 3/4" in diameter. There are, however, other good VV devices in the market with lower price tags.

synthros

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Spring Hill,Tn
I own a provari, in fact I just bought a second one for my wife. The provari is a solid, well made and so far very dependable device. It's biggest detraction is and has been, the price. This is a legitimate point, imho it's priced too high (if that makes anyone want to set me straight, just stop there its my opinion and that's all:). While I do think that, I've bought two, and no I don't regret it. If it's not a budget breaker for you, by all means go for it. If budget is a big consideration then there are lots of other options. The provari has hit a sweet spot of reliability, rock-solid,reliable performance, safety features and quality of build. You can get all those things in other devices, it's just much harder to get them all in the same device, and be able to just click and order it without a secret handshake, or knowing somebody, who knows somebody who knows....;) So, add easy availability to the above mix and you begin to explain the popularity of the provari, and how they can get away with the price tag. Why it is worth it in many respects.
You asked if the tube on the mini was the same size around, it is, it's just a shorter tube and uses a smaller battery. I just got a purple mini for my wife and she loves it, and the size is perfect. That being said, I also got the extension tube which allows a bigger battery. The mini in its smallest (no extender cap) configuration is only getting a few hours usage per charge, ymmv but that's been the case for us. So to take it on the go, I prefer the option of a bigger battery. It's either that or carry more spares. You specifically asked if it was something that would be comfortable to sit around and vape with, I would give that a definate yes also. The mini (device alone) is right at 3 1/2 inches long, the standard version a little over 4 inches (you can get exact dimensions on the website). The mini being shorter and using a smaller battery is also quite a bit lighter. (my chrome with extended cap and 18650 battery is 6.1 ounces, the mini with an 18350 is 4.5 oz so about 25% lighter? My wife is really happy with the size and weight of the device and it is significantly smaller and lighter. I tried to answer some of your specific questions that I didn't see answered already, hope that's helpful:)

Last edited:

kalison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
SLC, UT
Just going to say this:

Buy it.

A lot of people don't quite understand till they own one. I have a mod that is over 300 dollars. Which one do I carry everyday? The ProVari. It's not even as big as you think it will be. It's loads shorter than my lavatube and feel like a solid brick. Everything is milled to perfection.

AuBadge

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Antioch, TN
neuronradio.net
No need for me to repeat what's already been posted, so I won't. :) Attention to detail is important to me, and the fit/finish of the ProVari indicated "quality" to me. Also, as a former electronics tech, the fact that the device fires during battery and atomizer resistance checks really impressed me. Testing components under load is the most accurate way. It may not be "THE Best", but it's the best device I own.

NetteG

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
NE
WOW! Thanks everyone for all the great information. I was expecting to get some hits here and there or someone telling me, this has already been asked but to my surprise ... I was hit with a wealth of information. Not all forums are the same indeed! Looks like this one is definitely in the very near future as I want to ensure my husband and I stay with vaping instead of even the thought of going back to smoking .....

Just shy of a week is here and already I can tell and SMELL an improvement .. pretty amazing and just makes me wonder why so many are giving the e-cig such a bad rap. ::: shaking head :::

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone who replied. I have to admit, the ProVari vids I have seen produce some excellent vaper and I can imagine the taste of the e-juice used has to be fantastic. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

What an amazing forum! :)

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
People who give e cigs a bad rap are one of two types. The smoker who has never tried one or the antz who are funded to give them a bad rap.

Provaris are a gift from on high ;) I own 4 now and use them all, love them all, and I have a lot of other mods to use.

I started on Egos and used them alone for the first year and a couple of months, to make sure that even with the small niggling problems I had with them off and on I was committed to no longer smoking cigs. I had smoked for 55 yrs, the last 20 of them 2 cartons a week and I just needed to 'make sure' before I spent a lot more money. I still have a couple and take them out and about when I don't want to be stared at while vaping a big black Provari with a DCT on top.

I wasn't the fussy tinkering type when I started and didn't want to fuss with trying to drip so I went to cartos or carto tanks for my primary use.

Then I started to DIY and dripping became a good thing to do ;) I have 3.7 mods, kicked mods, Provaris and an e hookah box and I love them all. The biggest used items are the Provaris and this winter probably the hookah box will be the primary vaping tool. I won't have to get out of my nice warm nest on the couch and go swap batts ;)

It's been a fun journey for me, I hope it is for you and yours as well ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread