Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hey guys and gals! I have a few questions about batteries in provaris. Will the ultrafire batteries work in them? And if they do are they just as good as the AW IMR batteries? Also, Which batteries are the best in provaris? Thanks!

Vape on! :vapor:

MT

There's about 10 things going on in this Post. Here's a couple of Non-Technical Answers.

Any Battery that Fits in your Provari will “Work”, but some Batteries will work more Efficiently than others. Because Batteries have a Large Range of Performance.

AW IMR Batteries are designed to have a High Discharge Rates and work Very Well in VVPV’s when the Output Voltage of the VVPV is Higher than the Battery Voltage.

My theory is that the Difference between the Bargain Basement el-Cheapo Batteries and the AW IMR’s is less than what I spent on a Pack of Cigarettes. So to me, I have Always used the AW IMR’s.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
There is no way the cheapest batts are as good as the higher end. Also, if they do have a total failure, they will wreck your device.
View attachment 131692 click to enlarge detail

The above pic is of what is left of a Trustfire "protected" 14500 battery that had a thermal runaway event. The BB in which it was in survived relatively unscathed and worked for a few days after a cleanup inside and out, but ultimately the power switch failed and required replacement.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I saw that too, but I wasn't sure... I brushed it off as perspective, since they aren't sitting perfectly side by side, but idk...

It looks like there are longer. I dunno.

All I know is I have Never Heard of a Mod that Didn't Take AW IMR's. But I have 2 Mods that Don't Except some Flat Top or Longer Batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread